jkowitz Build Thread

How much should it have cost?

Im sure less that $15995 but the price on this jeep seems reasonable.In the video looks like the front diff has a leak and maybe a valve cover gasket leak or a rear main seal leak. Im sure they brought the price down.These guys buy Jeeps and flip them. So I know they bought the jeep for way less. Personally I would not buy a jeep from them cause who knows what the jeep has been through before. They were actually going to buy a LJ but the 3 LJ’s Icars.net turned out not to be what they were looking for.

I like the bit about 35s and a 4 inch lift being perfect for a daily driver. A jk yes but not so much a TJ. Maybe he'll jump on the forum on of these days.

@Chris you may want to mention the forum on the video comments to drive traffic.

I like the bit about 35s and a 4 inch lift being perfect for a daily driver. A jk yes but not so much a TJ. Maybe he'll jump on the forum on of these days.

@Chris you may want to mention the forum on the video comments to drive traffic.
I had the exact same thoughts, I'm hesitant to even move from 31's to 33's as it's my daily lol

I daily mine with 6" of lift and 35s. It's more than fine.
I don't doubt that many people run 35's on a daily. Personally though if mine was a daily I'd run a 3 inch lift and 33x10.5's. I found that to be the best compromise of on/off road performance.

When I made the swap from 33x10.5 to 35x12.5 I instantly noticed on the highway the jeep wandered a lot more. That said I'll take the jeep on 3hr trips but, 95% of the time those trips end at trailheads.

Was listed for 15.9 or so I think. Great price I think. He probably talked him down to 15k which is a steal for that. Your getting half doors too.
Serious question - why would half doors be desirable? I am happy mine came with full doors. Those windows would seem awful if it started raining. And if it’s nice out what’s the difference? 🙂

It’s just another hard to find option that this tjr just happens to come with.
Ahh gotcha. That makes sense, I guess they are less common now that I think about it.

I noticed in some other threads that the Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers are pretty desirable too. My Jeep came with a set in great shape and I didn’t realize how hard they are to to find until I started reading about them here.