jkowitz Build Thread

Depending on how hard you plan to wheel, I would do a spraypaint based black, it makes touch ups easy :D

This! I wouldn’t waste money having bumpers/armor powder coated if you plan on them getting any damage. Paint can easily be touched up, powder coat can not.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkowitz
Reactions: jkowitz
We need a good, non biased comparison of twill vs hardtop with nothing else changed.

Have both, the hardtop wins every time for noise on the freeway.

The twill soft top is awesome, but on the freeway at 70mph especially with headwind it can get quite noisy inside. Slow down to say 55 and it's ok. However, the downside of the hardtop is that I can't just flip the front of it back like the twill soft top so its a ying and yang thing.

Keep looking at the hardtop and considering painting the outside to match the TJ and painting the inside black with soundproofing panels to the roof https://hotheadheadliners.com/colle...06-tj-premium-headliner-kit?variant=611970553

Sad to say it, but the Jeep has been sold due to new opportunities. Also I wanted a better daily driver for an hour commute to work

37DE8126-0564-4641-92BE-6041F9C28328.jpeg

0D885ADF-AEB3-4E76-BD41-A6D563FF5732.jpeg

04C4E025-9848-4672-8B7C-DA510C42BA6D.jpeg

C69840D6-4417-4AD0-844B-B716D2011840.jpeg

Yes, and as much I loved the tj it was a deal I couldn't turn down
Is your dad going full time to the gladiator then and waiting for the Bronco? I'm assuming he has his name on the list since it would make good content.

Reactions: Apparition
Yes, and as much I loved the tj it was a deal I couldn't turn down
You know, even though you don’t have a TJ you, your dad and Marco would be welcome at TJFest. Would be great content for YouTube.

Just watched the Rimrocker vids and Marco’s cooking looks so good.

Last edited:
You know, even though you don’t have a TJ you, your dad and Marco would be welcome at TJFest. Would be great content for YouTube.

Just watched the Rimrocker vids and Marco’s cooking looks so good.
I think youre trying to get a seat at the table...see if theres room for three of us. ;)
Edited

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and Apparition
Is your dad going full time to the gladiator then and waiting for the Bronco? I'm assuming he has his name on the list since it would make good content.
He has some stuff in store for the near future, but I don't want to say anything before he does. He did put his name on the list for the bronco and I'm really excited to see what he does with it!

That would be cool and it sounds like a fun event, it'd take a lot of planning with my busy schedule as well as his too
Understood, would be fun to meet you guys if you could work it out.

And another request reminder for your dad, skottle discounts for E3 Overland members. 😁