JKS springs on stock weight vehicle

dxbtj

has anyone had experience with the 2 inch JKS coils on a stock weighted TJ. As in another post of mine i have mentioned i am not happy with how high my jeep sits with the teraflex kit (also a hard ride). So if i managed to get the coils i want to make sure that i pair them with 2 inch shock height as well

Im hoping to couple it with rancho 9000xl or Fox 2.0 Performance shocks (best options in terms of price locally vs shipped international).

It is hard to find parts locally here and the other choice for coils i have are Lovells. In general finding TJ parts locally is tough so there is not much selection. International shipping options also tend to be pricey otherwise id go for the recommended 5000x ranchos.

I can't comment on the JKS springs, but the OME 2 inch "light duty" springs are perfect and meant for a stock weight vehicle (hence their "light duty" designation). They will give you a true 2" and no sag in the rear.

I can't comment on the JKS springs, but the OME 2 inch "light duty" springs are perfect and meant for a stock weight vehicle (hence their "light duty" designation). They will give you a true 2" and no sag in the rear.

Hi chris thanks for the response! I will see if i can get OME springs locally. Shipping tends to be quite costly for springs so i will try to make do with what i can get locally!

Reactions: Chris
Hi chris thanks for the response! I will see if i can get OME springs locally. Shipping tends to be quite costly for springs so i will try to make do with what i can get locally!

I hear ya! If you can get them, it would be worth it. They are tried and tested.

Like @bobthetj03 said, there isn't much out there on the JKS springs. If people are running them, no one seems to be speaking up.

thanks for the replies! maybe ill have to be the guinea pig, but from what i understand about dual rate springs it seems ideal. My issue is i understand alot of people tend to do trails and rock crawling. Hard to find input with specific desert and dune driving experience!

I don't think you could go wrong with either the JKS or OME, as long as they give you the lift height you desire.

@dxbti Did you ever get the JKS springs ? If so how do they ride
I did the JKS 2 in lift kit with there shocks. The springs are good and I have had OME on another TJ the JKS shocks are too stiff. I got about 2.5 inches with them. My only problem is I wanted Currie 4 kit and tried to save $ and not regear or go over 31 in tires. Now that’s all out gears, Currie & 33 and a lot more replaces the JKS but I didn’t have a problem with them just wasn’t what I wanted.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
You want to switch those shocks to the 0-2" Ranchos. Rancho runs long. I think even with 3" spring lift they say to stick with the 0-2" shocks. I have 2 1/2" OME springs and the 0-2" Ranchos split the up/down travel nearly perfectly. Within 3/8".

You want to switch those shocks to the 0-2" Ranchos. Rancho runs long. I think even with 3" spring lift they say to stick with the 0-2" shocks. I have 2 1/2" OME springs and the 0-2" Ranchos split the up/down travel nearly perfectly. Within 3/8".

It's complicated to cancel my order. I'll stick to this set for now. If it won't work, I'll know the reason and will change something.
Thanks for advice

I have JKS springs on mine with bilstein, along with many other JKS parts. I’m happy with how my rig sits on the springs and rides

So, I have installed JKS 2" springs and Rancho RS5000X shocks 2"-3" lift. (dropped links before)
It's definitely not 2" lift, I would say it's closer to 2,5-3".
I had to bend drag link a little, to avoid contact with passenger sway bar link.
I'll need to adjust rear axle angle because of drive shaft vibration, maybe will have to drop transfer case down.
Will have to change sway bar links, alight steering wheel, perform wheel alignment.
All bushing are polyurethane, and adjustable hardrace lower control arms (amazing quality https://www.hardrace-europe.com/frontrear-lower-arm-adjustable-8130.html).
In any case, suspension works as charm, can't say it's stiffer than stock one - I really like this set.