JKU Assistance/Body Roll/Budget Lift

S.McArthur

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Since I have the most dinged up Jeep in the parking lot, I am the go to Jeep guy at the office. I've been asked to provide some input for a lift, under $500/2".
The people don't like the "roll" from the JKU, my theory is they have been driving SUV's/F350 and are not used to the way a Jeep handles. I have told them to drive it and get used the characteristics of a Jeep, but you know how people are, something IS wrong and needs to be FIXED!

Now I have to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The number one complaint is the body roll, they have no intention of off-roading, if they do, it will be on the bunny slopes.

My concern, the lift/shocks will not "cure" the body roll and they will be pissed they spent $500 on crappy advice. I was leaning towards the OME or Rancho Spring/Shock combo, but I have no clue where to start with the JK. I made mention of the Mopar 2" lift, apparently that is over budget for them.

You are correct. The lift isn’t going to fix the room issue, that’s part of the nature of driving a jeep. They are also not going to find a lift for $500 unless it’s a cheap spacer lift.

Tell those cheapskates to save up their money like any normal adult would 🤣

People blow my mind.

You are correct. The lift isn’t going to fix the room issue, that’s part of the nature of driving a jeep. They are also not going to find a lift for $500 unless it’s a cheap spacer lift.
Tell those cheapskates to save up their money like any normal adult would 🤣
People blow my mind.

It's crazy, quite annoying as well. I told them to try and flip it just to see where the actual limit is. Who knows, maybe I'll tell them to buy the Rancho 9000 lift and their minds will settle that the ride is better.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
i have pretty stiff shocks, and cannot complain about body roll it takes corners like a car. if anything the spring shock combo is a bit stiff for my liking.
maybe a stiffer shock could take some of that feeling away for them.