JKU owners are obnoxious

RWTJ9798

Look I get it, I had a jku they are great if you wanna be a Jeeper and a family man I have one...but it just didn’t feel like a Jeep to me. I bought a 98 Tj and went back to my roots, daily drive the wife Honda as my commuter car, selling the JKU. Is it just me or are JKU owners pretty douchey? It’s like huge rims light bars, never take off road, and the list goes on and on...I’m just glad to be back in a Jeep....I needed to vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly that describes some of them but then again I’m sure there are plenty of douchebags driving TJs too, douchebaggedness being a human condition & all that afflicts a given percentage of the population irrespective of what they drive… some of my best friends have JKUs & they’re great guys that wheel them often & while they’re not for me TJs aren’t for them either, to each their own. That said I would be willing to believe the JKU attracts a higher percentage of non-wheelers & when you just drive it on the street the tendency does seem to be to sink money into blingy horseshit rather than stuff that’ll help you drive over other stuff.

I own a 2014 JKU as well as a 2006 TJ and in the past owned CJ5. I have seen many people both TJ and JK owners who would never wheel their rigs and had them all blinged out. I also personally know and seen plenty who wheel them hard.

I have seen the hatred towards the newer models and owner bashing as far back as I can remember. CJ owners talk crap of YJ owners, YJ Owners talk crap of TJ owners, TJ owners talk crap of JK owners and soon the JK owners will start talking crap of the JL owners. It is a vicious cycle that will probably never end.

Here is a good post I added here back in December.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-practical-guide-to-hating-new-jeeps-jk-owners-edition.7917/

I own a 2014 JKU as well as a 2006 TJ and in the past owned CJ5. I have seen many people both TJ and JK owners who would never wheel their rigs and had them all blinged out. I also personally know and seen plenty who wheel them hard.

I have seen the hatred towards the newer models and owner bashing as far back as I can remember. CJ owners talk crap of YJ owners, YJ Owners talk crap of TJ owners, TJ owners talk crap of JK owners and soon the JK owners will start talking crap of the JL owners. It is a vicious cycle that will probably never end.

Here is a good post I added here back in December.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-practical-guide-to-hating-new-jeeps-jk-owners-edition.7917/

This is what really is odd about us Jeep owners, so much hate towards our own brand.... Love all Jeeps and make fun of Yota's and other non-Jeep offroaders!

This is what really is odd about us Jeep owners, so much hate towards our own brand.... Love all Jeeps and make fun of Yota's and other non-Jeep offroaders!
I hear ya, I love them all from the 1st bantam prototype to the JL and up coming Scrambler. If I could I would own one of each.

I feel the same. I even think the little Fiat Jeep is cute.
We have a 97 TJ and a 15 JKUR, more out of nessecity than to play off-road. Five months out of the year our roads are covered with snow. Some days a ride to the grocery store can feel like an off road adventure.
After driving the JKU over this past winter, I'm more than happy with it.

Reactions: MikeM
TJ is the last Wrangler that looks small enough to be agile for trail use, but to each their own. I really don't care what people drive much. I don't understand super high lifted pickups since it makes them useless for the most part, but on the other hand, I don't use my Rubicon to its potential at all, so there is that. Personally, I don't judge people much on what they drive. People like what they like and it makes very little difference. Over 90% of people are pretty nice, but they go unnoticed because they are blending in. The asshats are noticed because they are standing out in the crowd of nice people. It is what it is. I don't wave to anyone unless they wave at me because I just don't like clubs much. I do wave back because I don't want to leave someone hanging.

I am a firm believer that Jeeps are the new ricers, and that’s entirely due to the fact that the JKU was made. The "tuner" crowd seems to really be drawn to the 4 door models.

That's not to say there aren't nicely done JKUs around, but I'd say 9 out of 10 of them is riced out.

On the contrary, I rarely ever see a riced out 2 door JK. Like I said, it's something about the 4 doors!

To each their own I guess, but I really do cringe when I see some of the things they do to these Wranglers.

Reactions: JerryD
Wow just wow blaming it all on the fact that the JKU was made wow. :facepalm:

I remember seeing plenty of bling in TJ's before JK and JKU were out. People change newer generations change and companies cater to those changes.

Not everyone sees/buys a Jeep as an off road vehicle. Many view it as a convertible that they can take snowboarding. That and the fact that there is seemingly an unlimited number of aftermarket accessories for the JK series. For me, I wave at any CJ/YJ/TJ/XJ/JK I come across.

Not everyone sees/buys a Jeep as an off road vehicle. Many view it as a convertible that they can take skiing. .

Fixed your post a bit. lol I didn't buy my TJ to off road much at all, it was a bulletproof vehicle that can go anywhere if needed and potholes mean very little, not to mention parking them in a lot isn't a big deal as it is very hard to open a door tall enough to ding it unless you are in some pickup, but even then Jeeps park well. Ah and the droptop. I can't wait to use it when my new top gets here. Can't use it now as my current top's zippers don't work. lol

Reactions: Fonz54 and Chris
I just enjoy the discussion. It just seems more than ever jku are getting worse....
bbd20662bf7a950bfba9f2cbe67c5a58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adms01TJ and Chris