JL 1-star safety rating

Oh yeah, you can roll those things, just don't hit someone head on or anything!

What about those Chevy Corvairs? Unsafe at any speed... right? ;)
Yep Ralph Nader at our disservice. A close buddy in high school had a 180 HP Corvair Corsa. He loved scaring the shit out of me with it, drifting it around corners and racing anything. Try as he did, it never flipped or ever handled in an unsavory manner. Did I say he did a really good job scaring the shit out of me with his driving every Friday night? :risas3:

Yep Ralph Nader at our disservice. A close buddy in high school had a 180 HP Corvair Corsa. He loved scaring the shit out of me with it, drifting it around corners and racing anything. Try as he did, it never flipped or ever handled in an unsavory manner. Did I say he did a really good job scaring the shit out of me with his driving every Friday night? :risas3:

Ha... I imagine that would be scary as hell hitting the corners hard in that thing! You think about the suspension setup on those things compared to something like a modern day BMW, and all of a sudden it makes sense why the BMW handles infinitely better.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
After that Corsa he was one of the first to buy a brand new Shelby GT-350. I dunno where he got his money but it was sure fun riding in his cars lol. RIP Paul Hatzl.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Is Jeep getting into weird territory with the JL and it’s issues?

Who cares, when you put 37's, winch and bumpers it changes the crash rating anyways...oh and good sliders...if you want a mall crawler, get a CRV or a turbo Escape. Jeeps still have a real frame and therefore easily modified and that is why we buy them. Tim

In my opinion , 56-58,000 dollars (4 door Rubicon) has reached the past the upper end of what Jeep owners want to pay . And In reality , Jeeps have always been a relatively affordable vehicle ... A new Rubicon was 27-28 k the debut year in 2003 .

Reactions: Reign Mack
In my opinion , 56-58,000 dollars (4 door Rubicon) has reached the past the upper end of what Jeep owners want to pay . And In reality , Jeeps have always been a relatively affordable vehicle ... A new Rubicon was 27-28 k the debut year in 2003 .

The people buying brand new Jeeps in 2018 are very different than those buying brand new Jeeps in 2003. Considering that dealers can't ship in enough JL's to keep up with demand, I'd say that people are fine paying whatever they are charging.

Reactions: Starrs
Yes , I wonder if they will sell as many as Jeep did in '03, 10,000 rubicon's were sold.

Wow , nearly 30,000 2018 wranlglers sold some months , I'm sure a lot of rubicon's got sold. That is unreal.

Isn't everything (snakes , spiders, crocodile) tying to kill you in Australia anyway? Why not the family truckster ? That guy seems like too much of a pansie to actually be Australian .

AU is the land of Mad Max!

Seems this guy has a bee in his bonnet over the 1 star crash rating of the new JL Wrangler
And so should we all when you consider the most recent ANCAP tests on a 2013 JK managed a 4 star rating. Something went wrong with over 4 billion invested in FCA R&D. It's a disappointing outcome at best and a deal breaker for me as I had my heart set on a new JL Wrangler. Yeah, I'm pissed!

Warning: Off topic rant...
As for John, I like to support those who call out bullshit and unlike many John Cadogan is not afraid to "tell it like it is", "in no uncertain terms". As a mechanical engineer and journalist he used to work for a major car magazine reviewing new cars and still does reviews on the old TV. I believe he got out because he refused to write bullshit reviews about cars who's companies advertise with the same corporate group.

He likes to upset a-hole car companies, cops caught back in the 80s, spineless bull shiting politicians and creationist to name a few, so needless to say some will find him offensive. Personally I find him informative, provocative and entertaining. I've learned a thing or two by watching John's channel about correct driver positioning in cars equipped with airbags in order to have the best chance of surviving an accident and like many of us I need to drive at high speeds for hours to get to the tracks and parks I like to explore, I also like staying alive, and he has somewhat to offer those who are interested in doing so.

Your TJ has airbags and the consequences if you or your passenger are out of position in an accident that sets them off, are not pretty at all. if I can help to inform just one fellow Jeepsters then it's worth it no matter what car you may find yourself driving.

Your health or safety should never be compromised by ignorance or for that matter, "one star safety ratings".

Understanding Airbags

Reactions: glwood
I know it's off topic but I couldn't resist

After that Corsa he was one of the first to buy a brand new Shelby GT-350. I dunno where he got his money but it was sure fun riding in his cars lol. RIP Paul Hatzl.
Next to my TJ a couple of months back

WP_20170211_11_25_14_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20170211_11_24_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20170211_11_25_29_Pro.jpg