JL 1-star safety rating

My first car was a 95 yj I got off my brother. It had a 2.5, the rear brakes where shot. Some how he snapped the rear track bar in half and it had no floors due to rust. Plus the exhaust leaked. I feel way safer in my girls jl than that yj or even my tj I have now.

AU is the land of Mad Max!

And so should we all when you consider the most recent ANCAP tests on a 2013 JK managed a 4 star rating. Something went wrong with over 4 billion invested in FCA R&D. It's a disappointing outcome at best and a deal breaker for me as I had my heart set on a new JL Wrangler. Yeah, I'm pissed!

Warning: Off topic rant...
As for John, I like to support those who call out bullshit and unlike many John Cadogan is not afraid to "tell it like it is", "in no uncertain terms". As a mechanical engineer and journalist he used to work for a major car magazine reviewing new cars and still does reviews on the old TV. I believe he got out because he refused to write bullshit reviews about cars who's companies advertise with the same corporate group.

He likes to upset a-hole car companies, cops caught back in the 80s, spineless bull shiting politicians and creationist to name a few, so needless to say some will find him offensive. Personally I find him informative, provocative and entertaining. I've learned a thing or two by watching John's channel about correct driver positioning in cars equipped with airbags in order to have the best chance of surviving an accident and like many of us I need to drive at high speeds for hours to get to the tracks and parks I like to explore, I also like staying alive, and he has somewhat to offer those who are interested in doing so.

Your TJ has airbags and the consequences if you or your passenger are out of position in an accident that sets them off, are not pretty at all. if I can help to inform just one fellow Jeepsters then it's worth it no matter what car you may find yourself driving.

Your health or safety should never be compromised by ignorance or for that matter, "one star safety ratings".

Understanding Airbags

Of course all the JL owners who have just laid out $40-50k for their new JLs are going to cry "Fake News"...

Reactions: Wombat
The people buying brand new Jeeps in 2018 are very different than those buying brand new Jeeps in 2003. Considering that dealers can't ship in enough JL's to keep up with demand, I'd say that people are fine paying whatever they are charging.
The sad thing is when you look at dealers lots and how many used 2018 JLs are for sale. Tons of ppl I guess get they had to have a 4 door Rubicon and then realized 4 months later...I think that 800 bucks in my account every month was better than this. I still am a fan of the 2 door Rubicon, but the price is crazy for a new one.

The sad thing is when you look at dealers lots and how many used 2018 JLs are for sale. Tons of ppl I guess get they had to have a 4 door Rubicon and then realized 4 months later...I think that 800 bucks in my account every month was better than this. I still am a fan of the 2 door Rubicon, but the price is crazy for a new one.

My Dad is looking to get rid of his 2013 JKU (160,000 miles, its time to get rid of it). I'm sure he wants another Jeep, but the prices on JL's are a bit hard to swallow. Especially when his JKU Sahara was $12,000 less than what they want for a JLU Sahara nowadays.

He bought my TJ and his JKU outright. The 2001 TJ Sahara was $21,500 (or something similar), the 2013 JKU Sahara was somewhere in the mid 30's. The JLU Sahara would be somewhere in the upper 40's (from what I understand). Kind of crazy that prices have gotten that high.

Reactions: Starrs
My Dad is looking to get rid of his 2013 JKU (160,000 miles, its time to get rid of it). I'm sure he wants another Jeep, but the prices on JL's are a bit hard to swallow. Especially when his JKU Sahara was $12,000 less than what they want for a JLU Sahara nowadays.

He bought my TJ and his JKU outright. The 2001 TJ Sahara was $21,500 (or something similar), the 2013 JKU Sahara was somewhere in the mid 30's. The JLU Sahara would be somewhere in the upper 40's (from what I understand). Kind of crazy that prices have gotten that high.
Sad thing is now the thought of trading in a JKU would be tough. They are literally littering the market with them now and they always have been but it’s way worse now. Yea I wouldn’t want to buy a brand spankin new one right now. A gently used 2018 this time next year wouldn’t be bad.