JL buyers better thank Ford for this (35's from the factory)

I have always heard dealerships make more money on loaded vehicles. Having never been in the business, I don’t know if this is true. I don’t doubt it though.

I can understand why dealers wouldn’t order one for the showroom if it is true. It would be nice to have it as a special order option though.
I’m sure dealers and manufacturers make more on higher trims, but like you I don’t have any firsthand proof of that. It just seems more options equals more desirability to most folks.

Like you said, I wouldn’t fault dealers for not ordering a base model to keep on the lot, but yeah, a special order would be nice. And I doubt they would have too much difficulty selling a stripped down version.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
As far as I'm concerned, special order should be the norm - and by LINE ITEM. No packages. Today's CAM factories make BTO extremely easy. Its my understanding that this is still the way its done in may places in the world. I remember years back in Greece, the car dealers had 2 or 3 in their showrooms - and that was it. Everything was ordered. Even the Harley Davidson dealer in Athens was that way. I don't know if its still that way or not, American style instant gratification *is* spreading worldwide.

Guess Jeep will just have to keep stepping up. Ford is offering a 37" tire option for 2021.

I also believe there is a bigger profit margin on the more equipped versions.

I'd like a 2dr rubicon, 392, 4:88's on 35's.
Couldn't buy it but I want one

Does this mean there will be a larger selection of 35 inch tires for 17 inch wheels in load range C? Its my understanding the Ford Raptor generated the KO2 315/70-17 LT C.

As far as I'm concerned, special order should be the norm - and by LINE ITEM

I agree. I’m not opposed to packages if that’s the way someone wants to buy. I would however like the option to order it exactly how I want it. If it means I have to wait a month or so, so be it.

I may be mistaken, but couldn’t you mix & match different exterior & interior colors at one time? (I’m a 72 model so before my time lol.) You can’t do that now. Certain exterior colors require certain interior colors. Usually only two interior colors are available anyway.

I’ll stop now before this gets moved to the piss and moan thread.😜

Reactions: Zorba
Yeah I’ve seen it rumored but hadn’t seen it nailed down.
I was at at a Bronco Roundup last week and talked with an engineer who helped design the new Bronco. According to him, 37 inch tires are a real thing. FWIW, I wheeled with a new Bronco and it is no joke. Not my thing, but it's the real deal!

Reactions: Apparition
I was at at a Bronco Roundup last week and talked with an engineer who helped design the new Bronco. According to him, 37 inch tires are a real thing. FWIW, I wheeled with a new Bronco and it is no joke. Not my thing, but it's the real deal!
I saw them at TJFest with 37’s. Good to hear it’s really coming.

Reactions: Irun
I agree. I’m not opposed to packages if that’s the way someone wants to buy. I would however like the option to order it exactly how I want it. If it means I have to wait a month or so, so be it.

I may be mistaken, but couldn’t you mix & match different exterior & interior colors at one time? (I’m a 72 model so before my time lol.) You can’t do that now. Certain exterior colors require certain interior colors. Usually only two interior colors are available anyway.

I’ll stop now before this gets moved to the piss and moan thread.😜
Back when the earth was just starting to cool, I bought my first new , ( and only ) truck. A 1983 T-15 GMC sierra, you could order options ala cart to truly built " your truck ". Med. blue exterior and had the option of interior colors: blue, beige, red, charcoal.
I remember the dealer assuming I wanted blue, but I ordered charcoal, he tried to talk me out of it saying it "wouldn't look right".
I told him to order what I asked for or I could go to a dealer that would, he ordered charcoal. It took 7 weeks from order to delivery.

It seemed crazy but the parts that would cost a fortune to change out later were dirt cheap from the factory.
3.73 gears - $75.00 ( Think what this would cost to change ratios on both diffs ).
20 gallon tank - 100.00
full skid plates - $120.00
1500 lb. payload - $37.00

The truck was different from everyone else's, But those day are long gone and so are my new truck days. :giggle:

Back when the earth was just starting to cool, I bought my first new , ( and only ) truck. A 1983 T-15 GMC sierra, you could order options ala cart to truly built " your truck ". Med. blue exterior and had the option of interior colors: blue, beige, red, charcoal.
I remember the dealer assuming I wanted blue, but I ordered charcoal, he tried to talk me out of it saying it "wouldn't look right".
I told him to order what I asked for or I could go to a dealer that would, he ordered charcoal. It took 7 weeks from order to delivery.

It seemed crazy but the parts that would cost a fortune to change out later were dirt cheap from the factory.
3.73 gears - $75.00 ( Think what this would cost to change ratios on both diffs ).
20 gallon tank - 100.00
full skid plates - $120.00
1500 lb. payload - $37.00

The truck was different from everyone else's, But those day are long gone and so are my new truck days. :giggle:
Somewhere around here I have the order sheet for my father's '63 GMC 1 ton. Pretty much everything was an option, and certainly no "packages" forcing you to buy crap you didn't want. You started with the base truck and added line items that you wanted.