JL Fender Flares

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
I've seen a small handful of JLs out on the road. I kind of like the throwback headlight/grill thing.

I cannot, however, get used to the goofy horizontal strip of lights on the front of the fender flares. It's like Fiat felt the need to shoehorn their trademark lights into the Wrangler somewhere.

I just don't get it. Those lights make no sense to me whatsoever.

Reactions: Chris
It makes no sense to design the entire front with a retro feel, then put a light bar strip almost the entire fender length, just put the LED glow around the headlights and call it a day. That being said, overall I like the way the JL looks, especially in the two door variation

I strongly dislike the look of the JL with the exception of the grill. The thing I hate the most is as you stated, the fender flares and those huge light strips across the front of them. I suspect it has something to do with government regulations and light requirements. It looks ugly as sin though!

The new Wranglers to me are too Fiat inspired.

I strongly dislike the look of the JL with the exception of the grill. The thing I hate the most is as you stated, the fender flares and those huge light strips across the front of them. I suspect it has something to do with government regulations and light requirements. It looks ugly as sin though!

The new Wranglers to me are too Fiat inspired.

I truly believe that since 2013 (arguably since 2007) the core Jeep fans are being pushed away to bring it to the masses. Im kind of surprised they didn't just start building the JL in Italy! The Jeep Wrangler was never intended to be in the top 10 best selling cars in America, but yet somehow it is and thats an issue to those who truly care about keeping it authentic

I truly believe that since 2013 (arguably since 2007) the core Jeep fans are being pushed away to bring it to the masses. Im kind of surprised they didn't just start building the JL in Italy! The Jeep Wrangler was never intended to be in the top 10 best selling cars in America, but yet somehow it is and thats an issue to those who truly care about keeping it authentic

I'm with you 100%. I think it started with the JKU in 2007. Once they added 4 doors, the Wrangler instantly became the soccer mom / grocery getter of choice. It attracted people to the Wrangler scene who otherwise never would have even thought of owning a Wrangler.

I guess it just makes me happy I own my TJ though, I'll tell you that!

If they hadn't done those things though we may have lost the wrangler all together. It's about profit for FCA, if the only people buying jeeps are just doing it to wheel they arent going to sell enough to make them compliant with stricter and stricter requirements.

Oh and according to someone around here to got to play with the JL, apparently those light strips make a big difference in light output at night.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

fab tech has a nice jl they built up with flat fender and aftermarket lights shes a beautful rig.

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/beyond-suspension-a-first-look-at-fabtechs-jeep-jl/

A few mods to the fenders and they do look better IMO.

IIRC Mopar offers a highline fender and if this is it, it deletes the signal in the flare.
A47E4EFB-D670-4ADC-B8F2-24DE5A916E91.jpeg

Early reports said that the fenders would be pretty simple to modify or cut as well. Haven’t seen anyone do a write up since the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro