JL hybrid 4XE

Francesco.com

Guys today I tried off-road the hybrid JLU and I loved it! The ride was super smooth, the feeling to drive without the engine sound was very relaxing and I was really surprised how well the that thing climbed obstacles. It made me consider to sell my TJ... but only few minutes! As soon as I jumped in my TJ all the shaking and noise woke me up! 🤣

Have you tried it? What do you think about that?

I don’t doubt it’s ability, but I would be constantly checking how much range I had left. I’m not sure how you would get a recharge out on the trail. Guess you’d have to bring a generator on any camping trip lasting more than two days.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kaptainkid1
I don’t doubt it’s ability, but I would be constantly checking how much range I had left. I’m not sure how you would get a recharge out on the trail. Guess you’d have to bring a generator on any camping trip lasting more than two days.
The one I tried is the hybrid plugin version, so you have the best of both worlds, at an high price though (60+ k€ in Italy)

We are going to look at buying one tomorrow. Even that we've heard some really bad nightmarish problems. This vehicle will be replacing our daily driver and possibly our road tripper.

The one I tried is the hybrid plugin version, so you have the best of both worlds, at an high price though (60+ k€ in Italy)

I'm sure it is capable, off road and an overall good SUV with better fuel efficiency and a lot of creature comforts.

I will go a limp here since I have not driven it but for me the price tag (~Euro 65k-75k in Greece depending on the trim) is not justified for me since it offers stuff that I don't want/need from a Jeep.

Plus, the fact that it's tech-heavy since it's a JL and a hybrid would always be the voice in my head that would tell me to watch out much more than is needed now.

Bottom line, no doubt it's great overall, but not my cup of tea, especially for its tag. ;)