JL Wrangler MOAB special edition - $51,200 price tag!!

For that price, you'd think they'd include a decent lift.

Who am I kidding? No one paying $51k for that thing is going to take it off-roading!

For that price, you'd think they'd include a decent lift.

Who am I kidding? No one paying $51k for that thing is going to take it off-roading!

You'd be surprised, at least around here in Chicago. I've been out with a few JL's who wheeled pretty hard. Those JL Rubicons are extremely capable. I was just over at a local Jeep shop. They're having a bunch of JL's coming in for upgrades. Lot of people out there wheeling JL's.

You'd be surprised, at least around here in Chicago. I've been out with a few JL's who wheeled pretty hard. Those JL Rubicons are extremely capable. I was just over at a local Jeep shop. They're having a bunch of JL's coming in for upgrades. Lot of people out there wheeling JL's.

To be fair, they're probably a lot cheaper than $51k. :)

By the way: hello neighbor! :D

To be fair, they're probably a lot cheaper than $51k. :)

By the way: hello neighbor! :D

I guess I wasn't aware of what a JLU Rubicon ran. I thought they were upwards of 55k off the lot. Also, Hey Neighbor! I actually joined crossroads Jeep club a while back, but I'm more of a member of Windy City Jeep Force (even if there name is a bit ridiculous).

I could have bought my Jeep three times for that!
31218587_10216486776948227_1292746226512429056_n.jpg

Reactions: JMT
It still blows me away that people are willing to drop 50k on a vehicle. I'll never be able to wrap my mind around that... ever.

I spent 17k on my Jeep, and 17k more on mods (so far). However, if I had a JL, I'd have spent 50k on the JL, and probably over 20k on mods so far (since the mods for those things are way more expensive than TJ mods)...

So yeah, I'm quite happy with my TJ.

Reactions: fourpointzero
It still blows me away that people are willing to drop 50k on a vehicle. I'll never be able to wrap my mind around that... ever.

I spent 17k on my Jeep, and 17k more on mods (so far). However, if I had a JL, I'd have spent 50k on the JL, and probably over 20k on mods so far (since the mods for those things are way more expensive than TJ mods)...

So yeah, I'm quite happy with my TJ.

I’d happily pay over $50k for a vehicle if I had that kind of disposable income. It certainly wouldn’t be a Wrangler, though.

To me for it to be worth that it would need to be to the point that there’s nothing to modify...it’s ready to go. That thing doesn’t even look lifted over normal Jeeps....or maybe you can push a button and it lifts up 4”....now that would be cool. :)

Reactions: fourpointzero
I saw my first lifted JLU Rubicon yesterday. It was dusk and I wanted to get a pic but I was driving in a lot of traffic. It looked like it was on 37’s. It was mammoth. The fender light beams were blinding. Looked pretty good

Reactions: Starrs
They do look good. After seeing my first one a few months back, they peaked my interest. However, I refuse to lose my money in that manner. Bad enough Im in double digits with my TJ. And if ever I had to let it go, I’d never gain back the passion, sweat and money I put into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are based on a Sahara, doesn't even have the 44 up front or lockers. That's expensive for a Moab sicker and a set of Rock rails!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Starrs
A new JLU Rubicon is around 57k, and they are selling fast . Dealers get few , and most are pre sold .

Are they nice ? For 57,000, they better be .

Our local 4x shop counter guy just got one , and he will wheel it .

Heated seats , rear view camera , etc.

Remember the Grand Wagoneer? Basically , a Lincoln Town car with 4 wheel drive .

Here we go again .

The JLU can probably be taken farther into aftermarket build territory , and still remain nice drive and build quality .

A diesel comes in 2019. Cool stuff .

Now, for the rest of us -

First , most of ours are paid for .

2nd -We can work on 'em .

There is a feel you get in the CJ, YJ and TJ model Jeep's that I hate to see disappear.

A bare bones , rugged , capable feel . A little more off road than on .

I chose a low mileage TJ because I wanted proven performance, durability with minimal headaches , simplicity but some refinement , and I didn't want something so costly or pristine I'd be freaked out about having some fun in it .

It's perfect.

Reactions: Chris