JLUR owners what are your thoughts so far?

Starrs

TJ Guru
So after talking with my other half over this past wknd she really thinks we will be needing a 4 door when funds allow lol. I never thought I would be interested but with a 2” lift and bigger tires I’m liking the look. How are the JLUR owners liking their purchase so far?
4892E374-2056-4A04-8D63-0C6F7740767F.jpeg
F7F9C8C5-0A62-498C-820F-53818AC2DB75.jpeg
just a couple google images for reference. Each have 2” lift and 37s. It’s a good stance.

I think they are cool. 2" lift 35's a winch and your done...I wouldn't trust the front axle on 37's but that's me. Would love to have one , but there's that money thing..like having no car payments..

I think they're damn sharp.

I did hear and see an issue about the steering on some models equipped with larger tires. Theres a sensor that basically locks the steering up at hwy speeds. Obviously not a great thing to have happen. I believe there was a recall too for the frame cracking in spots (or maybe welds splitting)

Reactions: Starrs

I did hear and see an issue about the steering on some models equipped with larger tires. Theres a sensor that basically locks the steering up at hwy speeds. Obviously not a great thing to have happen. I believe there was a recall too for the frame cracking in spots (or maybe welds splitting)
Def would be a 2019 model if I went this route. All the stuff that was wrong was corrected on the 2019s so far I believe.

Reactions: tworley
I’ll let you know in a couple weeks when I get mine. I test drove one last month. I wanted to hate it. I didn’t want to shell out that kind of money. But I loved it.
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it is being built as we speak. As of this morning it was in framing.
I ordered mine just like the one in the first photo less, red with black fenders and top, less the lift and the larger tires.

I got:
A/T
Cold weather group (heated seats, steering wheel, remote start)
LED group (headlights, fogs, taillights)
Infotainment system group (8.4” touchscreen, Alpine audio system, GPS, auto dim mirror and some subscriptions)
Safety group (Blind spot, cross path detection, injection molded rear bumper, Park assist, LED taillight, but I already added them, so it’s discounted)
Advanced safety group (Adaptive cruise, forward collision monitoring)
Dual tops (black hard top and premium soft)
Proximity keyless entry

I know everything about this Jeep will be rejected by purists, but this is the first Jeep I can see myself driving daily and obviously the price reflects that.
I got mine for about 10% off MSRP, which worked out to about 4.5% below invoice. There are a handful of high volume dealers around the country where you can get 7% off.
I listed my LJ last Friday around 10pm and sold it by noon Saturday.

I’ll let you know in a couple weeks when I get mine. I test drove one last month. I wanted to hate it. I didn’t want to shell out that kind of money. But I loved it.
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it is being built as we speak. As of this morning it was in framing.
I ordered mine just like the one in the first photo less, red with black fenders and top, less the lift and the larger tires.

I got:
A/T
Infotainment system group (8.4” touchscreen, Alpine audio system, GPS, auto dim mirror and some subscriptions)
Safety group (Blind spot, cross path detection, injection molded rear bumper, Park assist, LED taillight, but I already added them, so it’s discounted)
Proximity keyless entry

I know everything about this Jeep will be rejected by purists, but this is the first Jeep I can see myself driving daily and obviously the price reflects that.
I got mine for about 10% off MSRP, which worked out to about 4.5% below invoice. There are a handful of high volume dealers around the country where you can get 7% off.
nice! Damn yea you got a hell of a deal. That’s a 53k JLU the way you optioned it. Gonna add your own bumpers down the road? What dealership? Was it in ID?

Just noticed dual tops also. Wow man you went all out on this puppy haha. That’s a nicely equipped JLUR.

Last edited:
The really great thing about buying a vehicle where they never offer incentives that are only good for a certain time period in a certain area to a certain person is that you can price them out apples to apples across your area, your state or the entire country.
Some dealers will only sell them at MSRP, but it would be silly to buy from them. Check this forum, there are threads listing recommended dealers and someone even put together a map of them.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/

Reactions: Artemis and Starrs
Just looking at dimensions it’s pretty interesting the length of a 2 door JL is basically the same as an LJ now. JL comes in at 166” and the LJ is 167. The 2 door JL gained 3” from the 2 door JK. 4 door comes in at 188”.

Reactions: Artemis
Although enthusiast magazine endorsements should be taken with a bucket of salt, it is worth noting that the 2019 JLUR has been named the 4Wheeler Magazine SUV of the Year (evidently they have done away with the "Four Wheeler of the Year" award). The various judges were very high in their praise, with many saying that it was a return to what Jeeps are supposed to be (not much love for the JK, there). I must also note, however, that the price, as tested, of their candidate JLUR was a bit north of $55K. I'm not ready to pay as much for a new vehicle as I did for my first house...

Last edited:

That was fixed with a trip to the dealer and a program update.

Reactions: Starrs
Although enthusiast magazine endorsements should be taken with a bucket of salt, it is worth noting that the 2019 JLUR has been named the 4Wheeler Magazine SUV of the Year (evidently they have done away with the "Four Wheeler of the Year" award). The comments of the various judges were very high in their praise, with many saying that it was a return to what Jeeps are supposed to be (not much love for the JK, there). I must also note, however, that the price, as tested, of their candidate JLUR was a bit north of $55K. I'm not ready to pay as much for a new vehicle as I did for my first house...
Keep in mind you can get these in some states 8-10% under invoice. Deals to be had for sure. It’s expensive, but if you can afford it, it doesn’t sound like there are many negatives to the new Rubicon.

I got:
A/T
Proximity keyless entry

Haha that looks awesome man.