JMT’s 91' XJ Build

Done! Thanks to everyone’s suggestions. All helpful. First time leafs, hopefully last time. 🙄 @DrDmoney, did exactly what you said and with a little prying was able to get a screwdriver in the hole, bolt from the other side, little urging and good to go. Shocks installed. Everything torqued down to spec at ride height. 3 1/4” of lift. New lugs. No driveline vibes. I’ll post pics tomorrow. Rake is really really bad. 😂

front coils next weekend. 😅

Everyone is scared of the unknown..😋 A Jeep on leafs kind of remind me of two strokes in the current motocross world. It takes a true rider to compete against the more powerful four strokes with an old school two stroke bike.
I hear that About the 2-strokes! Thanks for the advice. Learned a lot.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Reminds me of a Funny Car.
875DDA6E-1BDF-43A4-808A-C5C866040C4C.jpeg

Coils installed. Went a lot easier than the leafs.

Drivers side CA was bent. Luckily I kept my old set off the TJ, so she took one for the team.
C0B2A555-63F7-4349-97DA-7CFDA7B0A9E6.jpeg

The jounces were toast. New ones much better.
1EE8192D-E072-47E2-A8BA-679F3E097767.jpeg

Lots of surface rust. Did the best I could to prep and paint the lower perch and shock mount area.
2914D249-E308-478B-B9D4-B4A4AB59F4A5.jpeg

65D88A13-23D3-45E0-AD1E-8536DC837B2D.jpeg

Shocks and coils on.

1E372E13-D89F-4108-A16C-6EC5D5BAB0CA.jpeg
17B2321A-CC19-4C52-9B31-4E9372E06A68.jpeg

5E460E4C-0444-47A0-8364-A88D8878F269.jpeg

Very little rake. Going 32’s?
Going to go to 31's and see what happens. The 3" for XJ's is usually a 31 max tire size without trimming. The good thing is that there are no driveline vibes. That was a goal. I didn't want to get into it that far. This is my daughters XJ. Right now I'm about $1000 total into this rig.

Yes, very little rake if any. The front is slightly higher than the rear, but it's hard to tell unless you are really looking.

Going to go to 31's and see what happens. The 3" for XJ's is usually a 31 max tire size without trimming. The good thing is that there are no driveline vibes. That was a goal. I didn't want to get into it that far. This is my daughters XJ. Right now I'm about $1000 total into this rig.

Yes, very little rake if any. The front is slightly higher than the rear, but it's hard to tell unless you are really looking.
That’s going to look good. (y)

Reactions: JMT
She's looking really good, @JMT! You gotta love the fact that you're in it "on the cheap", too. (y)
Man, the cheap part is the best. I didn't have to do the lift, but the suspension was totally shot and my daughter is driving that around, so why just replace stock, ya know, go a bit taller, make some room, get her on top of the road. $1,000 bucks is a no brainer on this one! Thanks for the good looks! I still havce some interior stuff to do, like the radio, the wiring isn't right. I'm not looking forward to sorting that out, I hope it's easy. Electrical is tough for me.

Man, the cheap part is the best. I didn't have to do the lift, but the suspension was totally shot and my daughter is driving that around, so why just replace stock, ya know, go a bit taller, make some room, get her on top of the road. $1,000 bucks is a no brainer on this one! Thanks for the good looks! I still havce some interior stuff to do, like the radio, the wiring isn't right. I'm not looking forward to sorting that out, I hope it's easy. Electrical is tough for me.
Yeah, electrical is definitely not my forte, either. It's black magic, I tell ya. The work of the debil, hisself! :devilish: I tell folks that I'm so bad at it, I let my wife change out the batteries in our smoke detectors... ;)

Speaking of my wife, she saw the pic of your XJ, and really liked it. She thought the lift was a little much for the tire size, so I 'splained the plan to her. She approves! (y)