Johnny Joint Washer Fitment

Afternoon Everyone,
So I just ordered my savvy aluminum control arms from @Garza . Are the washers from @mrblaine recommended? What is the difference between these and the washers that come with the arms for the front.

Thanks in advance for the help as I want to ensure I have the right items for install when the arms arrive

Afternoon Everyone,
So I just ordered my savvy aluminum control arms from @Garza . Are the washers from @mrblaine recommended? What is the difference between these and the washers that come with the arms for the front.

Thanks in advance for the help as I want to ensure I have the right items for install when the arms arrive
The JJ washers are not needed. The washers that come with your control arms are all you need. The clamping force from the proper torques holds the CAs in place.

The JJ washers are not needed. The washers that come with your control arms are all you need. The clamping force from the proper torques holds the CAs in place.
Thanks for the reply. It doesnt seem like @mrblaine sells or even promotes items that are not needed for one reason or another, at least from the multitude of posts I have read on here. So i wanted a good input on this before I ordered or didnt

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt seem like @mrblaine sells or even promotes items that are not needed for one reason or another, at least from the multitude of posts I have read on here. So i wanted a good input on this before I ordered or didnt
It's primary purpose is to hold the grease when using greasable bolts.

It's primary purpose is to hold the grease when using greasable bolts.
Solid info. Thank you. From my understanding, greaseable bolts really arent needed either for these as it appears guys like Jerry have been running these successfully for many years with minimal maintenance on them and that the tolerances really only allow a small amount of grease to go through the joint zerk. ID be afraid that a zerked bolt would be damaged on rocks (which I see quite frequently at Rausch Creek and other parks on the east coast)

Reactions: taylormade73
Solid info. Thank you. From my understanding, greaseable bolts really arent needed either for these as it appears guys like Jerry have been running these successfully for many years with minimal maintenance on them and that the tolerances really only allow a small amount of grease to go through the joint zerk. ID be afraid that a zerked bolt would be damaged on rocks (which I see quite frequently at Rausch Creek and other parks on the east coast)
You're welcome. As far as maintenance goes, that can depend on area climate and wheeling/driving conditions. There have been a few from the Midwest, including me, that have performed maintenance on their JJs (taking apart and regreasing) sooner than most JJ ownersreport. We are a small minority though Let me know the next time you plan to go to Rausch or AOAA. I've been over there a few times and would love to go again.

You're welcome. As far as maintenance goes, that can depend on area climate and wheeling/driving conditions. There have been a few from the Midwest, including me, that have performed maintenance on their JJs (taking apart and regreasing) sooner than most JJ ownersreport. We are a small minority though Let me know the next time you plan to go to Rausch or AOAA. I've been over there a few times and would love to go again.
I think the better thought is let me know when you want to go as myself and many in my local club have season passes to Rausch lol. Its a 30 minute drive from my place so we are there many weekends each month to include snow-wheeling this winter. Fingers crossed that most of the slick/white stuff is melted with next weeks 60 degree days and it will be alot less winching/carnage.