California Johnson Valley saturday anyone?

Added to Calendar: 03-27-21

Bigmac

Rather be in 29 palms.
Supporting Member
Well my wife is taking my kids to 2 separate birthday parties on Saturday. Good excuse for me to get another wheeling trip in.

Thinking about heading out to Johnson Valley and running Sunbonnet or something similar.

33s or under need not apply, open diffs need not apply.

I know its late notice but anyone interested?

I will note that I have run tackhammer, boulderdash, chocolate thunder(pre2020koh), and clawhammer, but have not run sunbonnet yet.

That sounds like a blast - just wish I lived a little closer to JV (only 31hrs away)! Have a great trip.

As Lou others can attest, I’ve been trying to get to JV this year. Unfortunately, I can’t make this trip work.
For those wanting to get out there, I recommend joining Bigmac. He put together a capable Jeep and knows how to drive it!

Reactions: D M
I’m busy this weekend and I need new axle shafts before I get back out.

thank you, sir. by no means a pro, but learn something every time i go out, and so far getting by.
As Lou others can attest, I’ve been trying to get to JV this year. Unfortunately, I can’t make this trip work.
For those wanting to get out there, I recommend joining Bigmac. He put together a capable Jeep and knows how to drive it!

If you guys ever plan to go in the future, give me a heads up before cause ive been dying to get back out to JV. 8-9 hrs away but well worth it for me!

I'm hoping to make it down to jv this fall. I've only been to koh a few times and don't usually hit many trails then.

How was the trail?

I'm hoping to make it down to jv this fall. I've only been to koh a few times and don't usually hit many trails then.

How was the trail?
well a friend of mine who is normally down for anything went to play golf in palm springs instead... something about free admission on a pga course...I argued we had free admission on the king of the hammers course but apparently that didn't stack up 🙄.

So seeing as how JV is hardly the place to go wheeling alone I had to cancel.

• Sad
Reactions: Alex01
This was Clawhammer last time we went out. definitely want to get at least one more trip in before it gets too hot. I've got orders to Fort Sill, OKlahoma so this is kindof my last hurrah for a while.
IMG_20210328_142852.jpg
IMG_20210328_142843.jpg
IMG_20210328_142845.jpg
IMG_20210129_123203244_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210129_120020634_HDR.jpg

went out today and ran sunbonnet pass with one of my buddies.

We didn't do as much spotting as we should have. Drove it pretty much straight through minus a couple of spots.

The skids and armor did its job very well and i was happy to finally feel justified in having it. but I feel a little less great about the windshield frame and fenders...

I know right? I was just looking at it last week and couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Regretting that bigtime.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01