Joining the forum from Germany

TomJK

Supporting Member
Hi All,
new to the forum but not so new to Jeeps and cars. I found the forum when searching for some TJ details and was really impressed by the quality of information. You can read from there: I’ve seen already a few forums. Congrats to all the members that have contributed.....hopefully I’ll be able to contribute/ return.

I’ve bought my 1998 4.0 Sport, full doors, hard and soft top as a replacement for a YJ 4.0 trail only rig. The current plan for the TJ doesn’t involve hard off-roading....at least that is the current plan - let’s see. In addition there is a 2012 JKU 2.8 CRD in the fleet, a Camaro 2SS convertible and two Audi daily drivers.

Here some pics.

front and rear bumpers and the lights on the rear bumper are about to go.
7EF354F9-7684-4481-84DA-2B4D6D9D9EA8.jpeg

5816A31F-0C4A-4D93-8404-1B5B7D655DB8.jpeg

wheeling a Jeep can get you to nice spots :cool:
5364CFE9-1666-4682-B40C-73D68C1AD712.jpeg

A bit of a drop ;), in my 3rd year on that trail I was to slow and bend the tailgate as the spare caught the rock.
9AE46C55-BA59-44C6-8050-CEB1910DB70B.jpeg

base camp near the trail somewhere in south-east Sweden (JKU with Ursa Minor ten)
6929483D-E910-4B85-9899-1994B937E4E0.jpeg

silly games in the mud (somewhere in Belgium) .....we had to winch back in end.
CA042459-2D2A-4B26-A96C-EBEC4A08E4D1.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and awesome photos! I wasn’t even sure if you could actually wheel in Germany!

Reactions: TomJK
Welcome from the Rockies !
What are those tires your running?
I haven't seen those mudders in the US.
You will like be a part of this forum!

What are those tires your running?
I haven't seen those mudders in the US.
Silverstone MT 117 Xtreme, 33 x 10,5 on a 7x15 steel rim.
The Silverstone Xtreme has plenty of grip on rock and in mud but wears off almost like snow in the sun on highways......and provides plenty of justification to upgrade axles if you try to throttle it out when stuck in mud 😂😂

The Silverstone MT 117 Xtreme is pretty similar to the Simex Extreme Trekker as far as capabilities and tire tread are concerned, they both have a speed index of “L” equivalent to 120km/h (almost 75mph).....not that you really wanna go at that speed anyway.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I’m sure there’s a ton of really cool places to wheel in Germany and the surrounding areas. 😸
never enough 😇
the challenge over here is population density along with “no trail in my backyard”.

Wheeling is mostly in parcs. There are a few good ones around but you get used to them too quickly. Over the last years, offroaders started to travel further and further (both north to Scandinavia and east Poland, Romania and beyond or Morocco if you are into sand, dunes and dessert). I had years were I’ve pulled the YJ on the trailer for 10k mls around Europe. In Central Europe, there is only limited rock crawling opportunities around but you can see mud flying all year round.

Silverstone MT 117 Xtreme, 33 x 10,5 on a 7x15 steel rim.
The Silverstone Xtreme has plenty of grip on rock and in mud but wears off almost like snow in the sun on highways......and provides plenty of justification to upgrade axles if you try to throttle it out when stuck in mud 😂😂

The Silverstone MT 117 Xtreme is pretty similar to the Simex Extreme Trekker as far as capabilities and tire tread are concerned, they both have a speed index of “L” equivalent to 120km/h (almost 75mph).....not that you really wanna go at that speed anyway.
Thanks for the info., they do look grippy ! and since there is no free lunch, the quick wear makes sense:(
Thanks for sharing the photos and experiences from the Euro wheelin !
Great to meet you from across the pond !