July Jeep Gladiator Sales

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Seems there are no numbers posted on the internet.

Does anybody know what's up?

FCA was faithful to report each month.

Your the guru man. If you dont know, nobody knows.

I saw one pulling a good size boat in Utah, Montana or Idaho 2 weeks back. It was riding pretty low in the rear. Looked pretty good though, better than the one I saw in the lot. Maybe it’s growing on me.

Reactions: Alex01
Wish I was able to say one of the numbers was mine. Alas, still no Gladiator in my driveway.

Hopefully they are still selling tons to flood the used market in a year or so so I can get one, less depreciation.

Reactions: Starrs and Alex01
I live in the DC area where people have money to burn, and I've seen a grand total of 2. They needed a lower price point IMHO. When I've bought a truck in the past, I've always gotten a base model with AC, cruise, the biggest motor they would cram in it along with a tow package. Other than that, all those add-ons are a waste.

Well I still contend it's going to play out like I originally suspected...received well by some , but not the next Tacoma (saleswise)

They look great lifted .

To be fair about it I don't really no the midsize truck category hot points... I understand why Ford Chevrolet and Dodge sell the number of larger trucks that they do

The mid-sized truck category I would say is primarily individual male buyers that need some hauling capability for weekend projects or just want a truck.

Here's a good question...if you have the money in your pocket right now and had to buy a four door or a gladiator which would you buy.

Last edited:
Well I still contend it's going to play out like I originally suspected...received well by some , but not the next Tacoma (saleswise)

They look great lifted .

To be fair about it I don't really no the midsize truck category hot points... I understand why Ford Chevrolet and Dodge sell the number of larger trucks that they do

The mid-sized truck category I would say is primarily individual mail buyers that need some hauling capability for weekend projects or just want a truck.

Here's a good question...if you have the money in your pocket right now and had to buy a four door or a gladiator which would you buy.

With that money id buy 4 TJs.

Joking... probably the gladiator. Not interested at all in a 4dr jeep. Then again... not interested at all in a full cab truck.

The one at my local dealer has been there well over a month.

My guess is people are starting to wake up and get smart in terms of outrageous prices.

Reactions: reddvltj and Jack72
One of the things going on with the vehicle is just so distinctive looking.

That may explain why the launch edition sold so well. Plus it was truly the first of something that had never before existed.

I don't see them as much as say a JL, but I'd say I see one once every couple weeks here in the Midwest? I don't drive by our local Jeep dealerships to keep an eye on how fast inventory is moving, but I think they're doing okay. I think the next few months you'll see a slump in sales because all the people that were oodling over them will have picked one up by about Oct (3-4 months after launch). So to possibly seem some price drops after the first of the year is my guess.

I'm not as crazy about the looks of them as I had thought I would be now that I've seen some in person. I don't think they're hideous by any means, but takes some time for me to adapt to everything they have going on. I do really like the JL's though. But if I was given $50k to go by either a JL or a JT I would probably end up with the JT merely because I've always driven trucks and haven't had one in about a year and a half and really miss having the capability of the truck. Seems like the past 6 months I've needed a truck every other weekend for one thing or another. I've resorted to borrowing a truck from friends or family, renting one, or continuing to shock myself with how much I can cram into my Mom's Prius, ha ha.

Reactions: AndyG
I saw this beautiful set up a few weeks ago on our way to Coos Bay Oregon. Renegade Motorhome & Trailer, Jeep 4 Door Rubicon Wrangler, and new Gladiator pickup. His and her's. Both Jeeps travel in the trailer, one on a lift and the other goes underneath it. I talked to the guy, he and his wife full time in the Motorhome, and he works in the Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline Business. Travels all around doing this work. Motorhome and Trailer overall length is 80'.
Rich
20190726_102205.jpg

I live in tourist country and I've seen hundreds of JLs, only 2 JTs. And I travel on an 80 car ferry twice a day. I'd say, wait for the year end clearance.

I’ve only seen one I’ve liked to date (all black). The rest aren’t enough truck or Jeep, and they’re not a good enough compromise of either. If I was in the market in the segment I’d outfit the top of the line Taco still.

There will be some improvements once the aftermarket figures out what works.

I very rarely see them here in MI but when i do they are dealer plates. i think i have only seen 4 out and about in my travels and generally there is no dealer nearby which leads me to believe the employees are just taking them home for a night or transfering between dealers.