Jumped my 97 Wrangler 4.0 and now it won't start

Moparmud76

97 Jeep Wrangler. 4.0 with automatic.
I jumped my jeep off and now I have no fire no fuel and no gauges. I have checked asd and fuel pump relay. I have read about checking pcm fire and grounds. Can someone dumb it down for me? Thanks

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Is "jumping off" the same as giving someone a jump?

This

1709075587440.gif

Or this?

1709075622068.gif

This is one reason I wont give someone a jump..fuck off and go buy a jump starter pack from harbor freight. Im not going to risk you or your car fucking up my vehicle that I work hard to repair and maintain.

• USA Proud
97 Jeep Wrangler. 4.0 with automatic.
I jumped my jeep off and now I have no fire no fuel and no gauges. I have checked asd and fuel pump relay. I have read about checking pcm fire and grounds. Can someone dumb it down for me? Thanks
Have you checked your battery and its connections?

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
@Moparmud76 There is a common chip failure that occurs when irregular voltage spikes happens. We can test and hopefully repair your pcm if you would like to send it into us. The turnaround time is 24-48 hours.

PS

I get way too many calls that start off with, “I was just giving somebody a jump and now my Jeep won’t start!”

• Wow
Reactions: Rut Row
I'd check the battery itself. Put it on a load tester.

New battery now
@Moparmud76 There is a common chip failure that occurs when irregular voltage spikes happens. We can test and hopefully repair your pcm if you would like to send it into us. The turnaround time is 24-48 hours.

PS

I get way too many calls that start off with, “I was just giving somebody a jump and now my Jeep won’t start!”

well you are the first person that acknowledges this is a thing! Where do I find your information to send out pcm? Address? Cost?

IF the battery tests good then you need to verify there is voltage going to the ECM; if there isn’t then that explains why you don’t have ignition, fuel or gauge operation.
You can download a PDF of the Factory Service Manual from the TJ Resources section on the Forum to assist in tracing power to the ECM; Check the Wiring schematics on 8W-30-8 in the FSM.
I would inspect the ignition switch and wiring harness(s) to make sure you didn’t burn some harness wiring or the contacts in the Ignition switch.