June 2022 Ride of the Month (ROTM) Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
How does it work?
  1. From the 10th to 15th of this month you can submit the best photo you have of your TJ (yes, this includes LJs, as an LJ is actually just a TJ Unlimited) to this contest.
  2. Starting on the 16th of this month photo submissions will no longer be accepted and voting will begin.
  3. Voting will be done in the form of "reactions" or "likes". Click the "like" button in the lower right of each image to cast your vote (you can vote for as many photos as you'd like, and you can also change your votes as well).
    If you can't see the "like" button it's because you have less than 20 forum posts. You need at least 20 forum posts to "like" things, and this is done to keep down on spam.
  4. Once voting begins on the 16th of this month, you can see who has the most votes by checking out the "photo contest" block at the top of the page. The photos will have a "reaction counter" in the bottom corner of each photo, which will tell you who is in the lead.
  5. Voting will end on the very last day of the month, at which point the winner will be announced.

Why can't I submit a picture to the contest?
This contest is reserved entirely for supporting members. Anyone with 20 posts or more is allowed to vote (via reactions), but only supporting members are allowed to enter the contest. This is a recent change and has been done so that I can offer people more features with the supporting member upgrade.

What do I get if I win?
The winner will receive the following:
  • $100 Amazon gift card
  • $200 Visa gift card (compliments of @mrblaine)
  • Winning photo in a special "Ride of the Month" forum theme
  • Custom "Ride of the Month" graphic that will be displayed in the members signature
  • "Ride of the Month" avatar banner (featured under the users avatar with each post)

If I win, then what happens?
I will reach out to you via a PM and send you the gift card redemption code.

Submission Rules
  1. Only one photo submission per member.
  2. Please choose the best photo you have. Blurry photos, low resolution photos, and photos with poor lighting are not likely to get you many votes.
  3. If you won the ride of the month contest within the last year, you are not eligible to compete again for another year (12 months from the date of your last win. So if you won in May of 2019, you can't enter the contest again until May of 2020).
  4. In order to compete in this contest you must have 20 posts!
    This is to reduce the amount of people who are joining the forum with no other intention than competing in this contest and then never being seen again. If you do not have 20 posts, you will not be able to submit your photo in this contest. Once you have 20 posts, you will see the option to post a reply to this thread, at which point you can enter the contest. The only exception to this rule is Supporting Members who can bypass this rule with no posts. My thought on that is that if you're willing to pay to support this site, you're more than likely around for the long haul.
  5. Do not submit photos taken with your phone using portrait mode (up and down). These photos are unusable for the Ride of the Month forum banner, and it's simply bad practice to begin with. If you submit a photo like this, I will delete it and it will not be included in the contest.
  6. Photoshop is only allowed when it's done to clean-up the photo. Do not use Photoshop to your TJ in a place it never really was (a scenic backdrop for instance), or put things in the photo that were never there to begin with.
  7. Do not use Instagram style photo filters, it's tacky and unrefined. Leave that to the teens and tweens that use Instagram please.
  8. No pandering for votes. What this means is that if I find out you sent a private message to dozens of people asking them to vote for your photo, I will remove your submission from the contest. Let people vote naturally, this isn't politics, it's a simple contest to see who can take the best photo.

IMG_0869.jpg

I’d actually pay a professional photographer to follow me out wheeling knowing the prize that is at stake. In the worst case scenario you end up with some awesome photos and a great story.

• Haha
  • USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Apparition
Status
Not open for further replies.