Junior—My 04 TJ 5.3 / Auto Swap Build Page

How is the firewall clearance with the motor? I am assuming your placement of the motor was probably more so based on the GM trans fitting in the tunnel?

Firewall clearance is fine, a lot of room behind the manifold to fish wires through. Placement of motor is top priority, trans follows and sits wherever the motor places it.

Reactions: Apparition
Ok, part 1 of my swap series is up, I'm new to video editing so I kept it simple, it's a long first video but it is what it is, put it on 1.5x to make it more bearable! This one is just about planning and the initial tear down. I'll get the rest of them done over the next few weeks.

Ok, part 1 of my swap series is up, I'm new to video editing so I kept it simple, it's a long first video but it is what it is, put it on 1.5x to make it more bearable! This one is just about planning and the initial tear down. I'll get the rest of them done over the next few weeks.

Just watched it. Good job, very thorough start to the swap. Lots to think about.

Reactions: kmas0n
More pics of the oil pan. Are you running a low clearance swap pan or are you still running the factory 5.3 pan?

How tight was the motor mount to header clearances? Sandersons right?

I have seen photos and videos from folks running that same setup and the collector is tight between the engine mount, frame, and collector.

More pics of the oil pan. Are you running a low clearance swap pan or are you still running the factory 5.3 pan?

How tight was the motor mount to header clearances? Sandersons right?

I have seen photos and videos from folks running that same setup and the collector is tight between the engine mount, frame, and collector.
I'm running stock oil pan.

Passenger motor mount to header clearance is tight, Novak makes a notch on their motor mount which you can see in video 2, should work great.

I'm uploading video 5 right now and the end shows my exhaust that may give you a good visual of the system.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Glad you enjoy them. I'm noticing your profile says you joined Jan 17th of this year and you have 5x the amount of messages as me, you are a busy dude!
Exactly the opposite. Not busy. Finally warming up enough to work on the jeep.

Texas is the opposite, about to get too hot to work on the jeep! We actually have decent weather right now which motivated me to get the rig on the road!

Reactions: Apparition
I’ve been driving around a bit and it’s been great. I did have a MAF sensor error code but I traced it down, the harness was wired wrong by Novak, simple fix and everything else works great. Now I have no codes but some systems haven’t been checked. I’ll do a full drive cycle tomorrow and hopefully don’t throw any codes. Then it’s inspection time, a/c hook up, and I’ll probably call this one “finished”!

This is awesome, binge watched thru Parts 1-3 tonight, can't wait for tomorrow! Great job man, thank you!!!