Just a little bit of introverted insurance—a modified come along?

I have winches on both rigs. Both have been used to pull others out. Both people were places they should not have been and honestly, might have died or got hurt if I hadn’t come along.

recovery equipment is a must have, even on a stock rig. Both of the ones I pulled out, stock rigs with kids and not prepared for what they got into.

Oh and having had warn winches on all my other rigs, which are great, I have smittybilt on both rigs. Been on for years, work great and I bought two with synthetic line for the price of a warn with cable. Replace the factory lube, exercise them and they will be fine.

I have a XRC9500 on the Runner and a XO2 on the Jeep. The XO2 is a little faster and completely waterproof, but Ibought it on close out and stole the darn thing otherwise, the XRC works damn good. Pulled out a stuck duramax this year in the snow. He sorta laughed till it freed him. Humble pie.

Last edited:
Purchased the XRC 9500 for $259 / Smittybily flat plate (amazon open box) $49 / Generic Cast Iron Fairlead $25 - Excited to try this out... Thanks for all the support.
IMG_4796.jpeg

Last edited: