Just a quick intro and to say howdy

My name is Gregg, but I used the same screen name that I have on several fishing and boat building forums, its just easier for me to keep it simple, incase your wondering about that. I recently bought this 2006 tj ,, also my first time owning a jeep,, with the Golden Eagle package. The previous owner replaced the hood that had the GE decals on it. Vin # confirms the GE option, per my insurance company. I had no idea what that was until I found this site, you guys have a lot of knowledgeable help and seem willing to share. I started out looking for a unmolested Suzuki Sami to tow behind our truck camper on hunting trips and some Sierra stream fishing when we don't have a boat with us. That became very hard to find something that was decent and would pass a Kookafornia smog check. I'm glad I gave up on a Sami and started looking at Jeeps. I was looking for a stock Jeep tj, I like the round headlights, with a 4.0 and a 42rle, trany was not that important since we are basically hunting off logging roads and some skid trails, my hard core off road'n ended years ago when I stopped running hounds on Bear/Lion. A hard top and A/c was also a requirement since I'll drive it around in summer, we live in the Delta and get many 100+deg. days. This rig popped up about a hour away from us, had 108k miles on it. I added the LED lighting all around, when I finish a boat build everything is LED on the project, I just like LED's. Changed out the front bumper because I'm welding up a tow bar that will incorporate with the bumper. Down the road I'll put a 2 1/2" lift and go to 32" tires. After reading some of everyone's thoughts on tires and ring gear selection, from what I have read that should keep things some what mild because of towing it and not have any vibrations or other issues. Sorry I'm no real help on Jeeps per say, but I'm happy to add some direction on fabrication and fiber glassing should someone need it,,,gregg

jeep 1.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a clean TJ you picked up there.

The only Golden Eagle part it's missing is the decal on the hood, but if you want that, you could easily find one to put back on there.

If that were my rig I would put a 2" lift on it with 31" tires and call it a day. When you get bigger than that, then you really end up going down a rabbit hold of mods and money.

Reactions: Brokeass Boater
Welcome to the forum from a fellow East Bay member. If you keep your eyes on the Norcal Adventures thread in the regional section we try to meet up every once in a while.

Reactions: Brokeass Boater
Yep, agreed, mild and reliable is good enough for what we will do. My boat addiction is more then enough for any normal person to tend to. I seem to jump into things way deeper then my pocket book is but somehow seen to make it happen. There's a few things to redo from the PO, but that's what you get with a used 12yr rig,,,gregg

My name is Gregg, but I used the same screen name that I have on several fishing and boat building forums, its just easier for me to keep it simple, incase your wondering about that. I recently bought this 2006 tj ,, also my first time owning a jeep,, with the Golden Eagle package. The previous owner replaced the hood that had the GE decals on it. Vin # confirms the GE option, per my insurance company. I had no idea what that was until I found this site, you guys have a lot of knowledgeable help and seem willing to share. I started out looking for a unmolested Suzuki Sami to tow behind our truck camper on hunting trips and some Sierra stream fishing when we don't have a boat with us. That became very hard to find something that was decent and would pass a Kookafornia smog check. I'm glad I gave up on a Sami and started looking at Jeeps. I was looking for a stock Jeep tj, I like the round headlights, with a 4.0 and a 42rle, trany was not that important since we are basically hunting off logging roads and some skid trails, my hard core off road'n ended years ago when I stopped running hounds on Bear/Lion. A hard top and A/c was also a requirement since I'll drive it around in summer, we live in the Delta and get many 100+deg. days. This rig popped up about a hour away from us, had 108k miles on it. I added the LED lighting all around, when I finish a boat build everything is LED on the project, I just like LED's. Changed out the front bumper because I'm welding up a tow bar that will incorporate with the bumper. Down the road I'll put a 2 1/2" lift and go to 32" tires. After reading some of everyone's thoughts on tires and ring gear selection, from what I have read that should keep things some what mild because of towing it and not have any vibrations or other issues. Sorry I'm no real help on Jeeps per say, but I'm happy to add some direction on fabrication and fiber glassing should someone need it,,,gregg

View attachment 117525
Welcome from just north of you in California. Nice looking Jeep. I hear on not running dogs anymore and hard core Jeeping. I ran my dogs for years up here on pigs and a friend of mine had some good bear dogs. I do still have a Samurai for hunting Blacktail up here. I really do like my TJ!
I'm putting on a Christmas tree run in Dec. in the Mendocino National Forest. Come join us.

Welcome from just north of you in California. Nice looking Jeep. I hear on not running dogs anymore and hard core Jeeping. I ran my dogs for years up here on pigs and a friend of mine had some good bear dogs. I do still have a Samurai for hunting Blacktail up here. I really do like my TJ!
I'm putting on a Christmas tree run in Dec. in the Mendocino National Forest. Come join us.

Welcome brokeass Gregg. Sorry to say that with the TJ you’re going to have more than a brokeass.

Glad to have you though, WA state, transplant from TX