Just a thank you

unclebuck

I would just like to thank this forum and the posters with such invaluable information. 2 years ago I bought a 2005 Wrangler x with a 4 inch lift it was a repo and really jacked up by the previous owner, but after finding this foum and several thousand dollars later šŸ˜šŸ˜ I can honestly say my Jeep now rides and drives better than I ever imagined thank you thank you thank you

Thatā€™s awesome and Iā€™m glad to hear it!

These things can ride pretty decent if you get them setup correctly. Theyā€™ll never ride like a modern vehicle with independent front suspension, but you surely donā€™t have to suffer like some of these people do.

Reactions: unclebuck
My sister called me and said her engine light is flashing in her 2013 ford edge. I was looking for a reference guide to show her how to change the plugs in it and every forum I visited was basically saying "take it to the dealer". Its nice to have an active, and knowledgeable group of people here that can help.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and unclebuck

These things can ride pretty decent if you get them setup correctly. Theyā€™ll never ride like a modern vehicle with independent front suspension, but you surely donā€™t have to suffer like some of these people do.
Glad to see that you've been checking this forum out probably a lot longer than I've been here. Maybe you could start your own TJ Build Thread...

Or at least post some pictures to keep from getting this:

This thread is worthless without pics
Haha well I haven't asked any questions yet I've been able to find everything I needed

I'm amazed how many professional shops don't know how to set one up including my local Dodge dealership šŸ™„

I'm amazed how many professional shops don't know how to set one up including my local Dodge dealership šŸ™„

I'm not surprised. Most shops just use blanket recommendations and probably suggest things such as Rubicon Express or Rough Country shocks, improper tire pressure, and E load range tires.

I've found that it's very, very hard to find a good off-road shop these days with people you can trust that do outstanding work.

I'm not surprised. Most shops just use blanket recommendations and probably suggest things such as Rubicon Express or Rough Country shocks, improper tire pressure, and E load range tires.

I've found that it's very, very hard to find a good off-road shop these days with people you can trust that do outstanding work.
Yes one of my biggest problems was the Jeep had a drop pitman arm and drop bracket for the front track bar, I specifically asked the dealer and they told me I needed it because the Jeep had a lift.
I'm still amazed how many 4" and under lifts I see that come with the drop pitman?

Yes one of my biggest problems was the Jeep had a drop pitman arm and drop bracket for the front track bar, I specifically asked the dealer and they told me I needed it because the Jeep had a lift.
I'm still amazed how many 4" and under lifts I see that come with the drop pitman?

Yep, that doesn't surprise me at all. Probably the same thing that a 4 Wheel Parts store would tell you as well. Just like they'd probably tell you that a Dana 35 axle is crap, won't handle 35s, and blah, blah, blah.

Like I said, it's hard to find good service these days. Basic maintenance is one thing, but I've struggled myself with finding any competent off-road shop around these parts. For that reason I've pretty much came to the conclusion that for most projects, I'm going to have to do it myself if I want it done right.