Just an update on the ticking

This would be Star Trek territory, where no man has gone before.
You should post a 1 minute youtube video of the sound.

thats like a crazy idea man.......in'it.......but so tempting.......like putting.......forget man.....:) I almost gave away another invention:)

My guess is that you have an exhaust manifold leak.

would it stop, after the second start. start it up, starts ticking, shut off, stops. now, it has gotten better day by day, after this change. i cant smell any exhaust out of there, any best ways to check for an exhaust manifold leak if you cant smell or see, or feel anything on that side?

would it stop, after the second start. start it up, starts ticking, shut off, stops. now, it has gotten better day by day, after this change. i cant smell any exhaust out of there, any best ways to check for an exhaust manifold leak if you cant smell or see, or feel anything on that side?
Yes, it's entirely possible that it will stop out of nowhere. Mine would tick randomly until it heated up to whatever point that would expand the metal enough to quiet the leak.

If I were you, I would get a very long screwdriver and put the tip of it against the parts of the engine where you suspect the tick is coming from. Put the handle end to your ear - you can actually hear whether or not the area is the source of the ticking. You might have to work quickly if your tick goes away quickly.

long enough:) thanks man.

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

update.........the tick went away with the autorx, until about 1000 miles into it.......an now i got the wrappping sound.........my neighbor called me slappy...................sounds like a lifter at the top of the motor, but got to investigate it......so with that being said.......halt the autorx cleaning stage if its a high mileage tick you got going on......it cleans but maybe to clean........the oils dirty as all........at 1000 miles, it says to go 3000, but this tappy slappy, aint cool....so will change the oil tommorow an do more investigations on it. :)=

Reactions: Chris
I will be taking donations if its a serious case of damage, as I was the title owner of your giunee pig jeep trying the auto rx.....:) bank account number soon to follow......:)

ya, were gonna get back on it here, to figure it out:) other projects are starting to get finished.

BAM...........Blew her up:).......who's got a motor:)......if your jeeps ticking, don't put nothing in it......:) It may clean it out so good, you get movement where you dont want movement an BAM........:) I manned up an will be taking donations for new motor.....or, I get seafoam, autorx, mystery oil, i think acouple others, to pay me to silence me about their products:) an my results:)

Ouch! Sorry to hear 'bout your engine. That sucks.
Its all right, I knew it was a coming, sooner than later....I did get to drive it about five miles an got it back to the driveway, on the back roads, so on that note, you blow it up, five miles is possible:)

Reactions: Squatch
Pics? Drawings? ;)
I will get some pics, once i pull it out, an tear it apart, to see what happen, now someone said, chrysler was giving some people help cause of the rods or something cause the metal was bad or something? we'll investigate:) this may be awhile, cold out there:) to tear it apart an get pics

now it was knocking on start up an then would quit before, i put any of that stuff in there, for the record. time to put a check mark in Jerry Bs column:)

There is no substitute for plain old maintenance. Get all over it and under it and check it out from time to time.

I had a ticking noise ....sounded like a lifter....simple exhaust leak.

Stiction reducers, occasionally power kleen, and anti gel are basically the only additives I’ve ever seen make a noticeable difference- in diesels only.

Products that break down or “thin” oil really scare me. It’s counterintuitive .

Stp will quieten things down at times, because it thickens the oil .
You can also create oil starvation in an engine if you get carried away.

Sometimes the noise is trying to tell you something .

There is no substitute for plain old maintenance. Get all over it and under it and check it out from time to time.

I had a ticking noise ....sounded like a lifter....simple exhaust leak.

Stiction reducers, occasionally power kleen, and anti gel are basically the only additives I’ve ever seen make a noticeable difference- in diesels only.

Products that break down or “thin” oil really scare me. It’s counterintuitive .

Stp will quieten things down at times, because it thickens the oil .
You can also create oil starvation in an engine if you get carried away.

Sometimes the noise is trying to tell you something .

that noise was saying, clean me out, make me loose, blow me up, an get me a new motor in me....I heard it saying that......:)