Just came back from the junk yard

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Here is a picture of the rig with the new doors and top straight from the junkyard. OTD 1100 bucks. It will be repainted soon. Body and paint work is inexpensive here, probably cost about about 800 bucks to do the whole rig with quality paint, any color. I'll finish the mechanical work before the paint, have tons of parts steaming my way. The APO is going to love me. Also a picture of my rolling work shop. I am on the 5th floor in the apartment and tinker in the parking garage in the basement. Hotter than Hades, but not as hot as outside.
IMG_2117.JPG
IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2119.JPG

You know.. just talking out my rear here but I think it would be pretty cool to piece together a complete TJ with parts and leave it as is. Not saying you should do that but no doubt it would be unique as hell and you'd never lose sight of it especially if it had 12 different colors on it.

Pretty cool set up and awesome you have access to parts like that.

You know.. just talking out my rear here but I think it would be pretty cool to piece together a complete TJ with parts and leave it as is. Not saying you should do that but no doubt it would be unique as hell and you'd never lose sight of it especially if it had 12 different colors on it.

Oh I agree, i've actually seen a frankenjeep before that had tons of different pieces but was from 3 different color TJ's.

Reactions: jeepins

I agree, it looks so unique and awesome as is. I love my scratches, leaks, etc! Character!!! That's how we roll!

As I just picked this rig up, I will go through it and freshen many of the components. Wheel hubs, bearings, seals, u-joints, water pump, injectors, rotors, pads, etc. I might be an odd ball, but I enjoy the wrenching as much as the driving. There will be no leaks. One axle seal is all I found with weepage, parts are on the way. As this Jeep had 15 years of other people driving it, I'll replace many of the components just to establish a baseline fresh starting point. Very therapeutic to take something flawed and repair it. I will have it painted. In the desert I am hopefully unlikely to do any body damage as I don't intend to extreme rock crawl, just find remote beaches across the dunes and roast some lamb over the fire and swim. Maybe I'll hook up with some folks that go deep into the mountains and desert, but I have no intent of being one of those epic fail novices on youtube you see destroying a perfectly good jeep.

Love everything about this thread! Your rolling work shop rocks, by the way. And those are some wild-ass wheels, Chief. Never seen ones quite like that, before. They look wicked deep...or is that an optical illusion?

thank you. The wheels are that deep. I have no clue what brand they are, will pull them soon when all my parts arrive via the mail. Probably will find the brand stamped somewhere.

Reactions: Squatch
Well, minor improvement in appearance. 300 bucks to paint two doors, remove, fix dents and paint the the side tubular guards, paint the front bumper and recode both doors locks. Painted the interior door panels to match the dash. He didn't even want to take money, I insisted. (don't want to go to hell). I am getting some stock rims and will install smaller tires and only run the 33s when I go out in the sand. Plenty of wrenching to do first. He is going to paint the rest of the Jeep and install hood lovers when I get them. Black is a PITA color, but sexy as hell.
IMG_2136.JPG

Those are some awesome sets of wheels. The Jeep isn't bad, either!

But seriously, I feel like a do0fus now for not thinking of the carts for a "rolling workshop." I'm in a house myself, but it would still make things a lot easier if I didn't have to leave the TJ to hunt down various tools. I'm sure I waste more time doing that than actually playing around inside the Jeep!

Do you have a power strip or something mounted on any of those carts?

And, hey: you could've saved yourself $300 by just leaving the doors off, you know. :D

Reactions: Duke-TJ