TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Just dodged a several thousand dollar bullet

freedom_in_4low

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
a buddy and former coworker of mine forwarded me an email from the CEO of my former employer announcing today that all US, Canada, and Puerto Rico salaried employees would take a 2 week furlough (unpaid) some time before the end of June, the timing of which will be staggered to minimize the impact to operations. I left the company in December not because I didn't like my job, because I actually did, I just got tired of saying no to a previous employer after they'd been chasing me for months and had answers for every reason I had for telling them no.

It would have been a REALLY bad time to lose half a months pay being that we just dumped most of our cash into a home purchase and all the associated costs that go with it.

I've been really lucky in this COVID19 situation so far, being that I already worked from home anyway, and I work for an essential company who has essential companies for customers. Hope you guys are coming out of this equally fortunate.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Wow, you lucked out indeed.

We are in the process of closing on our new home as we speak. That being said, I agree that losing money right now would be absolutely terrible since we are in a similar situation.

I really hope they get the economy go in again soon, because a lot of people are going to be hurting from this if it goes on much longer. The politicians don’t seem to care, because they have guaranteed jobs, healthcare, and money.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low