Just installed GenRight highline fenders

TmettTJ

Just put the aluminum highline genright fenders on my jeep and I love them. I know my jeep isn't anything special, just excited about the upgrade. Ill answer any questions about the install.

Snapchat-1597466707.jpg

It looks nice, what tools did you use to cut the hood? I'm considering this kit, since it seems like the Metal Cloak Overline kit doesn't really yield much more clearances.

It looks nice, what tools did you use to cut the hood? I'm considering this kit, since it seems like the Metal Cloak Overline kit doesn't really yield much more clearances.

I used a cut off wheel for mine. I didn’t remove the hood, I installed the fenders and made a mark on the grill and on the side of the cowl where the top lines up. Removed the fenders and put the hood back down and ran a line connecting those two points. Taped it off with some painters tape and went to town. Did the main cut with a a cutoff wheel then smoothed it in with a flap wheel.

Reactions: JMT
I cut my hood, it was scary at first but after you cut the 3 inch mark you will be able to grind to fit.

The back of the cut, the firewall side, was the scariest bit for me. It seemed like it was going to be incredibly difficult to get right. I probably spent 45 min each side grinding it down a hair at a time.

The back of the cut, the firewall side, was the scariest bit for me. It seemed like it was going to be incredibly difficult to get right. I probably spent 45 min each side grinding it down a hair at a time.

I couldn't bring myself to do it so I bought a highline hood. Plan to sell my unmolested one, I will not come out ahead nor even close.