Just my build—daily / weekend fun

I took off my front driveshaft yesterday and saw it was bent as soon as i removed it. I'll be ordering a Tom Wood's today

the difference of how the car drives is insane... it's so smooth feels like a 2020.... just a little loud I might end up doing the sound deadener now that I see how smooth it can be.

Oh just remembered while I was taking off the front driveshaft I began banging around my exhaust as it would rattle... found the culprit my 3rd cat is rattling inside... Anyone have any suggestions for a low sound? I'm not looking to call attention but I don't think I want the 3rd cat either.

Well this Friday I took her in for an alignment after I retorqued my suspension and changed my gear oil.
no problems while I was there right up until the end when they finished and I paid for my alignment the Jeep wouldn’t turn back on.
turns out my starter relay died so went to O’Reilly and Put a new one in. It’s all gravy now.
I’m waiting for my front driveshaft from Tom woods now.

I had been driving the jeep and noticed the steering wheel kept pulling to the left and then the right sometimes straight and it happened over small bumps on the freeway I also noticed a long clunking when I moved the steering wheel.

Did some leg work and a couple of the guys from the forum were able to walk me through what was wrong. A washer that wasn't needed was added to the bottom of the JJ of my JKS trackbar... this washer is only needed on xj and yj i believe (read the install notes)
removed the washer and no more problems. Now i'll have to get an alignment again since the steering wheel is off.

Also will be installing my Tom Wood's front driveshaft today. I might end up doing the SYE and new shaft in the rear too... I think I felt like 1 second of vibes around 60. Less than a second but we shall see.

Reactions: Chris
Well, mr doofus here messed something up not too bad but I replaced my hood latches with daystars and I didn't notice that.... I put the same rubber one back on on one side so I was rolling around with one daystar and one OEM... I was kind of bummed it was still fluttering and a few days after the install I was cleaning my desk and saw the latch said daystar. I went out to check and yep I goofed. I broke a screwdriver trying to undo it because it had blue loctite but I managed and will see how much better it is now on my way home.

Well I checked my cables this weekend for any breaks or kinks as i'm getting P0157 and P0057 with new O2 sensors but I couldn't find anything so I dropped it off at a shop to have them go over the wiring harness... I will also be putting in a Tom Wood's front driveshaft this week if some things i'm selling go through.

Other than that my Jeep is pretty much mechanically sound with no problems.
I have been eyeing a fastback style cage in my Jeep which would require me chopping the rear frame and welding in new tubes. I know it won't be as structurally sound but I don't plan on doing too many things that will cause a roll over.

This is a 90% daily driver and 5% occasional trails/camping driver. the last 5% is being broken down lol
Did the shop have any luck with the P0157 &P0158 codes? I’m having the same experience, trouble codes persist after replacing O2 sensors.

Did the shop have any luck with the P0157 &P0158 codes? I’m having the same experience, trouble codes persist after replacing O2 sensors.
no my problems have gotten worse. I've contacted wranglerfix to have my pcm checked because I began having rough idle and almost stalling when i plugged in their pcm but the problems didnt happen with the oem one. still waiting to hear back so i can send the pcm in for testing. I'm almost sure it might be bad but we will see.

In the meantime I put a mucket seal on my passenger side because it was missing and would rattle on rough roads.
don't think i've done anything since it began having idle problems though will go do another alignment Monday and get my print out.

Alright im back, I've sent my PCM into WranglerFix and hopefully the problem is fixed otherwise i'll have to figure out what's going on. In the meantime I finally got my plates for my Jeep. Took 7 months for them arrive but what a coincidence I get them when you guessed it; I have to pay next years tags. on that note DMV SUCKS!

Recently though i've taken everything out of my Jeep and begun to add noico sound deadener and the insulation on top as well. I only used about 50 sq feet though and it covered my whole interior so far. I'm almost done but I have a autoimmune disability that makes me work slower and take longer to recover from being tired but i'm getting there.

I also tried flushing my transmission fluid as it was making a noise when I would engage. I accidentally overfilled it but the noise stopped once I took out the overflow of tranny oil. I did use the mopar kind as well.

I'm waiting for my bedrug carpet for the rear to arrive probably on Monday so I can finish up and call it a day.

I am pondering what to do next as well. I want to buy the genright fenders and rocker guards but my back does tend to hurt when going on long drives say 3 hours or more and would like some new seats like the PRP suspension seats. Only problem is the prp seats are taking up to 12 weeks to fill orders right now.

Any suggestions? I think their prebuilt non custom seats might be in stock though so I might buy the driver seat for the time being and the genright stuff.

Recently I took 2 weekends to do insulation 12 hours
I wanted a more comfortable ride as long drives gave me driver fatigue due to so much noise and my wife was complaining about footwells being too hot.
I went with Noico like everyone else has tried and recommended. I used the 80 mil sound deadener and the 140 insulation. At first sitting in my driveway I didn't think it was worth it. I finally took it out for a drive yesterday though and took my wife she mentioned how much quieter it was inside the cabin and made it feel like a newer car. A while later she said hey I just realized my feet aren't burning up and she went on how she didn't like riding in it because her feet would always get really hot but she definitely complimented it.

So there you have it - from the words of my wife a worthwhile upgrade if you're looking for a better driver/passenger experience.
It also helped with keeping the cabin warmer while cold out which was rough before because it would feel even colder inside than outside. I also bought the rear version of the bedrug as I had the front before. It's a lot nicer inside overall.

If you're on the fence about it do it.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Also Money shot of my engine when I got to the shop after having my Jasper installed.
as you can see on the floor my heater core decided it wasn't happy with the new engine and it broke while idling in the shop as I was admiring.

61309278010__7815B635-D506-4EBC-AA86-AB7199F1F77A.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: L J
nice work.
I want to do this to mine but i'm not sure how well it would stick to the bedliner the PO sprayed on the floors.

I haven't kept up with this much but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on the Jeep. For Valentine's day my wife gave me some Maxbilt Trail tail lights. I removed the original taillights and clipped the tail harness. I then connected the pig tail to the maxbilt lights and made sure they we're waterproof where I connected the ends.

Here's a picture of how they ended up the wires are pretty long because this was the first time i've done something like this and wanted to give myself some slack incase I messed up during the process but it was easy for anyone reading or thinking of doing this.

IMG_0668.jpg

Previous owner also messed up the locking mechanism for the center console Tuffy so it wouldn't lock. I ordered one and put that in so now I have a locking/unlocking center console as well.

Just been fixing small things today I also replaced the blower motor resistor relay and man was taking the relay off the clip difficult, it should have been a 5 minute job but it turned into a 30 minute sailors match with the relay. Got it working and now I have all A/C settings.

IMG_0750.jpg

I'd also like to give @Wranglerfix a HUGE shout out. I bought a PCM from Mark last year and didn't get around to testing it until months later after my new Jasper engine. It gave me some problems and I reached out to Mark we discussed it and I sent back the PCM and he sent me another. I plugged that one in and for some odd reason it too gave me problems. I reached out to Mark again and no lie he overnighted me a 3rd PCM!!

Mark was fantastic throughout the whole experience and he never once didn't believe me he honored the warranty and I was more than pleased with all the help he provided me. The third PCM was the one I had no transmission problems and almost all my codes went away. I only have P0057 now but I think it's a wiring issue I haven't had a chance to check with a multimeter as i'm not too confident in my abilities. Again, huge shout out to Mark.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
One other thing I ordered a Savvy bumper and it's pretty awesome, I have to take it off to get some paint on it but it's changed the look of my jeep for the better and I haven't had any issues with clearance.

For anyone wondering what a 2.5SL with a 1.25BL running 33s (Duratracs) can flex like here is one picture I particularly liked. I'm still getting used to being in off camber situations so i'm learning and getting more comfortable before I try rock crawling.

77E01BD4-BE5A-4B8E-AA32-0139D07F91C3.JPG