Just picked up 2005 TJ 4.0 with 44k miles and a hardtop!

RV-TJ

Jan 4, 2019
Peoria, IL
Hey all, new to the forum, but on my 3rd Jeep. Just picked up this 05 TJ, 4.0 auto with hardtop. Bone stock, 44k miles. I live near Peoria, IL and it's in Salt Lake City UT. Shipping was a killer, and no one could get to it until nearly March. So, I'm flying 1 way to drive her home.

We will be towing it behind our motorhome on adventures from here out....with Colorado campsites already laid out for summer. Getting trails pinned down to see the Rocky's.

My first Jeep was a 79 CJ7, bought for $700, solid rust free body but with a broken transfer case. Had the original 304 AMC V8 and auto. Got my hands dirty fixing that thing up and miss it dearly.....that was literally 25 years ago.

In 1997, bought a new TJ off showroom floor....Red, tan hardtop and interior. 5spd with 4.0L six. Three years later, it had to go.

Today, I'm excited to get this little silver nugget and drive her home....in another week and a half. Will be doing some "basic" mods such as tow hooks, lights, and a softtop for the trails in Colorado.

1547042120374.png

1547042143738.png

1547042159576.png

1547042174186.png

Sam Solo

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2018
St. Louis
Hey all, new to the forum, but on my 3rd Jeep. Just picked up this 05 TJ, 4.0 auto with hardtop. Bone stock, 44k miles. I live near Peoria, IL and it's in Salt Lake City UT. Shipping was a killer, and no one could get to it until nearly March. So, I'm flying 1 way to drive her home.

We will be towing it behind our motorhome on adventures from here out....with Colorado campsites already laid out for summer. Getting trails pinned down to see the Rocky's.

My first Jeep was a 79 CJ7, bought for $700, solid rust free body but with a broken transfer case. Had the original 304 AMC V8 and auto. Got my hands dirty fixing that thing up and miss it dearly.....that was literally 25 years ago.

In 1997, bought a new TJ off showroom floor....Red, tan hardtop and interior. 5spd with 4.0L six. Three years later, it had to go.

Today, I'm excited to get this little silver nugget and drive her home....in another week and a half. Will be doing some "basic" mods such as tow hooks, lights, and a softtop for the trails in Colorado.

View attachment 71464
View attachment 71465
View attachment 71466
View attachment 71467
Wow! Great find! That is a WELL cared for jeep! Looks new! Nice to hear that your getting back into the Jeep scene. Are those the original wheels?! I have an '06 X and it had the steelies with baby tires from the factory. Plus, my electric box on the right side of the firewall has some blank spots on it. Are you going to keep the hardtop? Anyway, great find! It really looks brand new! Have a safe trip back home!

lowranger

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 6, 2017
Kelseyville, CA, United States

View attachment 71464
View attachment 71465
View attachment 71466
View attachment 71467
Congratulations on a great find! You will have a blast towing it behind your motorhome and exploring the country with it. Enjoy!