Just saying hi, still around

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys. Just wanted to drop in and say I am still around. I just haven't been on here much lately. After working part time for 33 years, I finally got full time. I am working all night shift 11pm-7.30am so I have been trying to adjust. So far I am liking the hours. Just kind of sucks that I go to bed before hubby gets home from work, and then he leaves for work before I get home. We see each other for about 10 minutes as I get ready for work. LOL He does come home early from time to time though. If all else fails, I do have the option of changing the hours, but for now I am going to keep things like they are.

Also, because of the full time and making a little more money, I decided to get a vehicle to pull our Scamp with that I would drive. (hubby pulled it with his Van and I don't like to drive it) I figure with full time I can retire in about 6 years so might as well get something a bit newer. We bought a 2017 Ford F150 4x4. It's nothing special, just has the 6 cyl. but it will pull the Scamp just fine. It is like brand new too. Even smells new inside. :D I've been driving it ever since we bought it. LOL Have to get the "new to me" out. LOL Once I do that I will go back to the Jeep and Mini. :D Maybe. LOL

Before we bought the truck, I did put my Jeep into "summer" mode. Took the back windows out. :D I do need to go back to winter mode here soon though.

Anyway, I will try to check in more often now that I am somewhat getting adjusted to the full time thing. :D

FCCF0170-8F5E-4587-8A52-E36F6E45A74A_1_201_a.jpeg

31456171-E84A-46BE-9A55-83BDCC271F1A.jpeg

5F351F71-1CAF-48E0-951D-5E357CF5779D.jpeg

Glad to see female Jeepers that care about Jeeps. I used to work 11-7am for years. It almost killed me. I can't sleep during the day, and ended up drinking too much to sleep. For three years I barely slept

Glad to see female Jeepers that care about Jeeps. I used to work 11-7am for years. It almost killed me. I can't sleep during the day, and ended up drinking too much to sleep. For three years I barely slept

So far I am doing ok with it. I got to bed about 3pm for the 4 days, but the hardest is the first night back after the weekend. I probably only get about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I figure if it does start to bother me, I will do 3 shifts 2am-10.30. I used to work 2am-6am. That at least gave me a few hours to stay up with hubby. I would still have to 11pm shifts but they would be spread apart and it would make it so I got off at 7.30am on Friday and wouldn't have to go back till 2 am on Monday. I just don't like dealing with the people that much anymore so trying to work mainly when the store is closed. :D

I do still love my Jeep! :D

B2929327-E323-4CFE-B1C0-C6A73FC1910D.jpeg