Just wanted to introduce myself (Butch from Sunbury, Ohio)

Butchr

New to the forum,looking forward to gaining knowledge,and friends to help me restore my late fathers Jeep.
He passed last year and family had to settle the estate bills so the Jeep was sold,I found it on a lot a week later.second chance and I jumped on it!

she’s back in the family and I’m going to finish where pops left off,but I know he would have only done tasteful mods,so that’s my goal,plus I don’t want any bad mojo!

nice to meet everyone.any and all advice is appreciated.

16B59FCC-B16C-4F0D-9F26-A2AA692C44C8.jpeg

5EB34879-4958-4B5A-B439-7E04AA88B6B6.jpeg

B3A71B5A-3FD8-49B8-A321-B8A2E5205631.jpeg

Welcome to our group.
Sorry to hear about you lost, and wow your story humbles me.
In this forum, we will help you dump a lot of your money "wisely".

Welcome from Dayton. Sad to hear about the loss of your father, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to recover his Jeep. I'm interested to see what you do to it.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your father.

We are experts at spending other people's money. Do you plan on wheeling it or is it more of a daily driver?

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you found your Dad's Jeep and was able to get it back. You are in the right place for info on doing the right upgrades to your Dad's TJ.

Sorry to hear about your father. My dad passed away in October of 2019, so not that long ago.

It's nice that you're going to finish where he left off. TJs are a fantastic vehicle and are an absolute blast to drive in the summer with the top down and doors off.

Welcome to the forum!.. glad you were able to find it and good luck with it.. sorry for your loss

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your father.

How much did he do to the Jeep already and how long did he own it? Is there anything that you know needs done right away or are you just looking for ideas?

From what I see if going off road is part of the goal the chrome trim rings on those wheels won't last too long and the fairly mild Liberator A/T tires won't get you very far. If not off roading is your goal the chrome trim rings will be fine but I'd still get some more aggressive looking A/T tires. It is a Jeep after all.

Thanks for the welcome everyone,no I don’t plan on running trails,I learned it’s a break it fix it all the time,from my dad,.. many days I spent helping him reattach gas tanks that had fallen off,or blown transmissions,I really don’t have the financial backing at this time.
I just want to get it 100% and mechanical and raise it a bit more .mostly just weekend cruising,and a bit of camping.kinda deciding on the look I want,I don’t care for looking like the other guys.

DC04E805-CDCA-4D61-BAA8-3460DAF0FDB9.png

89BD9CDE-E930-4AC2-961C-A684D2368555.png

1B8B0E21-B8B8-4E43-9D9B-9CF19758C129.png

3BE33598-6679-4A7D-8621-C3896FE05D99.jpeg

Reactions: DrDmoney