Just when you think you've seen it all

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Tour bus passing through Sedona yesterday.

I like the way the signs either side are perfectly placed...'YIELD' lol
Funny story about that. Sedona is notorious for awful traffic because of the roundabouts. People (especially locals) don’t seem to understand what “yield” means. In high school, some friends and I decided to play off of the problem.

Labor Day weekend is probably our busiest three day weekend in the area for tourists. Most of them come in from Phoenix/I-17 and drive the 15 miles or so to Sedona from the interstate. Between the interstate and Sedona, is eight roundabouts.

One night some friends and I “borrowed” 16 stop signs from old back roads and empty housing developments, areas that we knew the missing signs wouldn’t be a huge issue to traffic. We worked in teams and took down the pairs of yield signs from all eight roundabouts heading TOWARDS Sedona, and replaced them with the stop signs we had procured. This was done early on Saturday morning, about 3AM, with the hope that ADOT wouldn’t catch the siganage change before droves of tourists started arriving in Sedona.

Cue to the next afternoon, traffic was backed up almost to the freeway, for hours. I’m hindsight it was very cold blooded, but I’ll always remember the feeling of victory seeing the spoils of our labor all over FB and local news sites 🙂

I suspect the locals also remembered the difference between “yield” and “stop” from that day forward 😉

Wow, that's one big brown bear!

Imagine seeing that for real; an unearthly large grizzly ripping through the side of a bus in front of you. That'd make you soil your bloomers!

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Jamison C, since you’re local, any suggestions on some decent trails, headed there in a few weeks. Thanks