KC auxiliary lights not working after LED headlight install

jship45

Hey everyone, looking for some help. I installed some led headlights today on an 06 TJ. Headlights high and low beams both work but the KC lights that were already on the Jeep prior all of a sudden stopped working. The KC lights are tied into the high beams with a switch in the cab to turn them on and off while the high beams are on. The switch in the cab is lit but the KCs don’t put out anything. I didn’t mess with the relays for it so I’m kinda at a loss.

Remove the KC auxiliary lights from the headlight wiring and put them on their own wiring harness. That would be the way I would do it, and the way it should be wired in the first place, with its own harness and fuse.

I’ll bet that fixes it. Chances are whoever wired those KC auxiliary lights did it in some sort of shoddy way.

Not my Jeep, but that was my suggestion as well from the start. Problem is, they worked and now they don’t and trying to figure out why. I thought maybe the high beam relay but the headlight high beams work still just the KCs don’t

I guess we'd have to actually see how it was wired to understand why it's not working. There's a lot of different ways you can wire things, so without actually seeing the wiring and knowing what's going on, it's very hard to say unfortunately.

It's possible that maybe in the process of installing, some of the wires came loose or undone.