KC Gravity Pro and Flex LED headlights on a TJ

Tony13

Had a busy weekend, I installed some KC Gravity Pro Headlights, KC Flex 20" light bar, and topped it of with a Warn Zeon 10S winch. Love how it turned out!
IMG_5609.jpg
IMG_5608.jpg
IMG_5621.jpg

Very cool! I almost went with these before I stumbled upon the Vision X Vortex headlights.

They look great, and I like the projectors!

Reactions: D M
Had a busy weekend, I installed some KC Gravity Pro Headlights, KC Flex 20" light bar, and topped it of with a Warn Zeon 10S winch. Love how it turned out!View attachment 39594 View attachment 39595 View attachment 39596
Synthetic winch line rule #1. Aluminum fairleads are soft and easily damaged. Keep that stainless thimble out of the fairlead opening. If you damage the smooth surface, it is no different than dragging your line over a sharp rock. I don't know where you got that red thing the hook is swinging from, but either give it back, or convert to something like the Safety Thimble to protect your fairlead, at which point you won't need that red thing anyway.

Synthetic winch line rule #1. Aluminum fairleads are soft and easily damaged. Keep that stainless thimble out of the fairlead opening. If you damage the smooth surface, it is no different than dragging your line over a sharp rock. I don't know where you got that red thing the hook is swinging from, but either give it back, or convert to something like the Safety Thimble to protect your fairlead, at which point you won't need that red thing anyway.
Like the look... gotta agree with Blaine, Steel against Aluminum is bad mojo.

Reactions: jazngab and Tony13
I'm glad that you're happy with the additions to your Jeep! You added a winch, which makes me think that you are going to use this Jeep off-road at some point. Have you considered adding some front recovery points? I don't see any d-rings attached to the front bumper, and it looks like the tow hooks have been removed.

Thanks for the tips, its just resting on it so I don't think it would cause any damage, but I will keep an eye on it, if anything new fairleads are not too expensive. Thanks

I'm glad that you're happy with the additions to your Jeep! You added a winch, which makes me think that you are going to use this Jeep off-road at some point. Have you considered adding some front recovery points? I don't see any d-rings attached to the front bumper, and it looks like the tow hooks have been removed.

Yes I installed it in a bit of a rush, I am going to re-install the original tow hooks for now until I find something better (also planning on better hardware). Its a stock bumper so this is temporary until I can decide what bumper to go with.

Thanks for the tips, its just resting on it so I don't think it would cause any damage, but I will keep an eye on it, if anything new fairleads are not too expensive. Thanks
As long as you never move the Jeep it's just resting there. Once you start driving, it starts bouncing up and down in the hole and you need some tension on the line to make stuff behave. Yes, fairleads are cheap. Winch lines in the Synthetic flavor however, are not. If you damage the smooth opening and then drag the line over it under tension, it will shred your pretty new line and it can let you down when you least need it not to.

Reactions: Vasq
Man I just love the look of a white Jeep. One day I'll have one. Digging the looks of the KC Gravity lights too. Bet they light up the night nicely.

As long as you never move the Jeep it's just resting there. Once you start driving, it starts bouncing up and down in the hole and you need some tension on the line to make stuff behave. Yes, fairleads are cheap. Winch lines in the Synthetic flavor however, are not. If you damage the smooth opening and then drag the line over it under tension, it will shred your pretty new line and it can let you down when you least need it not to.

I think a good solution might be to wrap the rope on the left hook and runt the hook to the other.? I may need a sleeve or something to protect to rope from the sun.

Love a white Jeep. Love the non-white landscape even more! You southern guys have no idea how lucky you are. Tshirts in December?
Lights look good too! Congrats on a job well done.

I think a good solution might be to wrap the rope on the left hook and runt the hook to the other.? I may need a sleeve or something to protect to rope from the sun.

A good solution is to eliminate the poor rigging from the equation. A Safety Thimble is safe to pull up to the fairlead without having to remember anything or remind others that your winch can only be put away just so.

Point being that running a synthetic rope requires building the entire winch assembly around the synthetic rope. I didn't do that on mine.
20190620_172911.jpg

Last edited:
Just for clarification. The KC gravity pro will fit a tj? All the online shops say 07 and up. Thanks.

The light unit fits but it comes with an H13 connector so you'd either have to find a harness that is H13 to H4 or cut the H13 plug off and crimp an H4 plug on.

I tried installing these, however, they do protrude about 1/2 further out than I would like. As such, I can't install the chrome bezel because I can' reach the screws.

Did you do any modification(s) to make this work?

I got my screws to fit. It was a pain and I think one on each side is cross threaded due to the angle. I bought black plastic bezels.... These are amazing!!
Adapter2.jpg