KCsTJ’s 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE

OP
KCsTJ

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
Yesterday it was so nice I took my 97 TJ for a leisurely drive. The parks around the lake are getting crowded since its the crappie spawn.
20180506_120255.jpg

While I was putting through the boat ramp area, some nice lady says, "wow, nice Jeep!" She was already in her car and moving before i could commend her for her fine taste in vehicles... :) :-/

Reactions: b0xcar and JMT

b0xcar

TJ Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2017
Central, TX, United States
Yesterday it was so nice I took my 97 TJ for a leisurely drive. The parks around the lake are getting crowded since its the crappie spawn.
View attachment 40683
While I was putting through the boat ramp area, some nice lady says, "wow, nice Jeep!" She was already in her car and moving before i could commend her for her fine taste in vehicles... :) :-/
That could have been your Jeep girl you've been looking for!

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
OP
KCsTJ

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
My 1st major mod was a complete cylinder head valve job at 151k. 2nd major mod was this auto tranny cooler i installed a couple months ago. Works great so far :)
20180427_081225.jpg

I will order the gauge and sensor next week and will install the gauge on the console and the sensor in the pan.

Reactions: JMT and b0xcar
OP
KCsTJ

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
Call me crazy but I made this impulse purchase last week, they came today.
Stone white 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 hood vents. Big :) !
They should be a perfect match for.my stone white tj, and once i get them installed they will be fully.functional !
20180531_171621.jpg

$119 off eBay, ugh!. Used . Theres a couple nicks. , but I bit the bullet. Will have pics when work allows .:)

OP
KCsTJ

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
@Chris neither did I until I ran across a thread with info about hood louvres. Seems only the 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 came with hood louvres.
Apparently only 1 year, hence the exhorbitant price, ugh :)
But I think they look cool plus they are functional.
Even my beast of a 2.5L needs all the heat relief I can give it down here in this Texas heat.... :)

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
@Chris neither did I until I ran across a thread with info about hood louvres. Seems only the 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 came with hood louvres.
Apparently only 1 year, hence the exhorbitant price, ugh :)
But I think they look cool plus they are functional.
Even my beast of a 2.5L needs all the heat relief I can give it down here in this Texas heat.... :)
Yeah, I Googled it just now and you're right.

And now I remember how ugly those early Grand Cherokees were (and still are)!

Reactions: KCsTJ