KCsTJ’s 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE

I think you’re exactly right. Gunmetal AEV clones on white (absolutely awesome look IMHO). Which ones? Quadratec Rubicon Extremes?

Also, I agree on the Patriot Blue I think the contrast with the aluminum Ravines is classy

Reactions: jazngab and KCsTJ
I think you’re exactly right. Gunmetal AEV clones on white (absolutely awesome look IMHO). Which ones? Quadratec Rubicon Extremes?

Also, I agree on the Patriot Blue I think the contrast with the aluminum Ravines is classy
Looked at Quadratec, there's also a clone by Mammoth.
Thanks for your input jmt. I think I'll get geared up to do just that.

Reactions: JMT
Last edited:
Yes, I was just looking at those from Mammoth. They look just like the wheels from Quadratec with the difference being the Mammoth 'M' at the wheel center.
Trying to confirm backspace, mammoth gives a 19mm offset so I need to convert that measurement to BS.
@glwood do you like the AEV clone wheels? What's your opinion if you dont mind
That's a 3.7" BS on the Mammoth's. They do look good. The Rubicon Extreme's look a little different. They're BS is 4"

Reactions: KCsTJ
Yes, I was just looking at those from Mammoth. They look just like the wheels from Quadratec with the difference being the Mammoth 'M' at the wheel center.
Trying to confirm backspace, mammoth gives a 19mm offset so I need to convert that measurement to BS.
@glwood do you like the AEV clone wheels? What's your opinion if you dont mind

I actually really like the Mammoth wheels. They remind me very much of the actual AEV Pintlers I had on my '07 JKR some years ago:

I lean toward the silver, but on the Extreme Terrain site, they had a TJ owner's photo of a silver Jeep with the charcoal wheels, and it looked very sharp! Not the best photo, but it gives the idea:

Not that you asked for my opinion, but here it goes...Silver and white, charcoal and blue. Chrome or polished aluminum looks amazing on a bright white car. Ditto to the darker wheels with dark paint. Just not black (though black does look decent on white).

Just cuz I like to spam my jeep everywhere...Dark paint, Gunmetal wheels.

Those Mammoths look more like Bridgers vs the Pintler. The main difference is how the spoke merges into the wheel OD...Mine are Pintlers

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT
Not that you asked for my opinion, but here it goes...Silver and white, charcoal and blue. Chrome or polished aluminum looks amazing on a bright white car. Ditto to the darker wheels with dark paint. Just not black (though black does look decent on white).

View attachment 88528

Those Mammoths look more like Bridgers vs the Pintler. The main difference is how the spoke merges into the wheel OD...Mine are Pintlers
There are like no Pintlers or Bridgers for sale ever in TX. I don't know what the deal is but I've never seen them. I have seen some JL's the other day. I'm tempted on those. I think they look good on TJ's, of course, then I'm into 17's and that means brakes.

I actually really like the Mammoth wheels. They remind me very much of the actual AEV Pintlers I had on my '07 JKR some years ago:
View attachment 88515

I lean toward the silver, but on the Extreme Terrain site, they had a TJ owner's photo of a silver Jeep with the charcoal wheels, and it looked very sharp! Not the best photo, but it gives the idea:
View attachment 88516
Yes I am leaning silver also, taking a good look, not 100% on.the gun metal gray, but i like to say the name of the color lol.

View attachment 88528

I appreciate your input, these fine points help me investigate further.

It's either mammoth or quadratec, unless u guys know of another Pintlers clone maker.

There are like no Pintlers or Bridgers for sale ever in TX. I don't know what the deal is but I've never seen them. I have seen some JL's the other day. I'm tempted on those. I think they look good on TJ's, of course, then I'm into 17's and that means brakes.
That's why I'm going pintler clone because they seem to be very rare, and expensive when they do show up in the 15" wheel size.
I probably couldn't afford them if I did find a set.
I can afford $99 for a clone, I really like the looks of that wheel, so clone it will be, and either silver or gun metal gray.

I appreciate your input, these fine points help me investigate further.

It's either mammoth or quadratec, unless u guys know of another Pintlers clone maker.
I just found some JK Pintlers in Poolville, TX. Didn't know that was a town but it's closer to you on CL. They're 17x8.5 on Craigslist Dallas.

I just found some JK Pintlers in Poolville, TX. Didn't know that was a town but it's closer to you on CL. They're 17x8.5 on Craigslist Dallas.
JMT I just learned Pintlers are 17s only, sorry for the ignorance and btw, I won't be driving to Poolville, Tx for some 15" Pintlers, hey I'm still a nooB 😣

Wheels on hold, been wrestling with misfires off and on, last week also got a too rich condition. Runs terrible when cold so I think the timing chain is probably stretched, that gets installed next warm day...
20191113_152049.jpg

Reactions: b0xcar