KCsTJ’s 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE

The brown truck just left this Autometer transmission temperature gauge. Yay!
Mopar approved.. hope to do a little install with pics
20180601_160721.jpg

Reactions: b0xcar
No, I have to fess up only a couple. It was kind of slow bc I'm not a fabricator.
Also, I got distracted by my next project, an auto tranny gauge install, really cool! I am, half way done, took lots of pics. :)
B0xcar you might want to consider this with your metallic beast especially if you ever wheel in the summer

No, I have to fess up only a couple. It was kind of slow bc I'm not a fabricator.
Also, I got distracted by my next project, an auto tranny gauge install, really cool! I am, half way done, took lots of pics. :)
T - you might want to consider this with your metallic beast especially if you ever wheel in the summer
Just replied to your other post in my thread. I'm waiting on that killer deal again on the derale cooler.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Ordered 2 rubber motor mounts.
Also ordered door entry sill guards from Fairchilds.
The entry guards are practical and I like them on Jeeps, just gives some added trim style and protection.
Should have them Friday, and of course I'll be obligated to post a poser pic or 2.:)

Did i show you the hood louvres i installed a couple weeks ago? Love em. View attachment 44335 And they're functional !
I'll have a better pic when I get my jeep back from the dealership (recall E22)
I've never seen 3 cowl vents, is that a mod or is that factory? Your hood louvers look so, so badass! If I had the balls to cut into my hood, I would try something like that. Nice job.

I've never seen 3 cowl vents, is that a mod or is that factory? Your hood louvers look so, so badass! If I had the balls to cut into my hood, I would try something like that. Nice job.
Thanks @Travis !
Yes 3 cowl vents, very observant!
I understand, and I may be wrong, that 3 cowl vents only came on the 97 Tjs. Two cowl vents in 98 to ...? Not sure.
Hey if u run into some louvres try to grab them yah it's some coinage but would make ur tj even more unique :)

Reactions: tomtaylz and Travis
Finally after 3 different trips to the tranny shop in 9 months, bad story, with good ending tho.
Now all misfires have been solved and it runs like new and shifts like new, it even got new valve springs , ugh.
Next is the tranny temp gauge install if it will stay out of the shop long enough 😣😂

Here is how the gauge looks installed in the console
View attachment 44345View attachment 44346
Back side..
View attachment 44347
Sensor with bung #2260 to be installed into auto tranny pan...

View attachment 44348

I hate automatics only because a manual has never left me stranded. But I know a temperature gauge would have eliminated most of my auto failures. My oldest memory of how important that gauge is goes back to our honeymoon in a motorhome with a 440 on the road to Miette Hot Springs, 40 years ago. Just going from "automatic" to "locked in second" and the temperature dropped from red to green.

Every automatic should have one and this install in a TJ is one of the cleanest. I like the position, right beside the shifter. no need to label it.

Kudos ! Very clean, functional install.

I hate automatics only because a manual has never left me stranded. But I know a temperature gauge would have eliminated most of my auto failures. My oldest memory of how important that gauge is goes back to our honeymoon in a motorhome with a 440 on the road to Miette Hot Springs, 40 years ago. Just going from "automatic" to "locked in second" and the temperature dropped from red to green.

Every automatic should have one and this install in a TJ is one of the cleanest. I like the position, right beside the shifter. no need to label it.

Kudos ! Very clean, functional install.
I will have a How To, I'm just waiting for work to slow down then it gets done quickly.

Took advantage of the rain to change the.flares.back to oem, also replaced the motor mounts + 1" spacers.
Put the Willy's decal on wrong, ugh, too high ,
20190414_193040.jpg
so that will get removed..
Wheels will be sold, the 05 is donating his Ravines 🤣

Looks good. I even like the Willy’s decal! MML spacers! Good progress

Last edited:
Looks good. I even like the Wyllis decal! MML spacers! Good progress
Thank you, @JMT i need to ask you, what do you think...im getting AEV clones, gun metal gray.

I'm thinking now, maybe keep the Ravines on the blue 05 and put the gun metal grays on the white tj....???

I'm thinking better contrast leaving the Ravines on the Patriot blue tj...
????

• Love
Reactions: JMT