KCsTJ’s 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport

I didn't see an update...did the sensor swap keep the codes from returning?

Never mind...I see you replaced the pre-cats, and main cat converter. I guess a sensor swap alone wasn't the fix.
Thats correct @glwood, i tried replacing both upstream and downstream O2 sensors and the codes came back.
Here is a pic that shows why the o2 sensors were not the problem...
20181020_180036.jpg

Its hard to see but i tried to shine a light into the good precat. There is some metallic material that u can barely see. That is the good bank 1 precat.
The bad precat, bank 2, has nothing, the reactive metal is completely gone, so i replaced everything and she runs line new, no codes! :)

I'm having trouble accessing reverse ... 6 speed manual, ever since my 2.5" lift install. It's much worse for some reason since the weather has turned colder.

Would a 1" body lift help realign the shifter at all ?

I'm having trouble accessing reverse ... 6 speed manual, ever since my 2.5" lift install. It's much worse for some reason since the weather has turned colder.

Would a 1" body lift help realign the shifter at all ?

Transfer case drop?

Reactions: KCsTJ
Transfer case drop?
Yes, i dropped the TC so I suppose I should consider a MML.
But I have also been looking at a TT but can't pull that trigger till next fall.
So would all I need be a 1" MML and I'll be back to 'reverse as usual ?

I don't like it when peeps look at my jeep cuz reverse is popping out or grinding :-/ ugh

By the way... Is it goofy or a waste to TT a 2.5" lift on 31s ?
It seems a TT is seen more on higher lift jeeps for the most part.
I just think a jeep has an even better profile with a TT.

By the way... Is it goofy or a waste to TT a 2.5" lift on 31s ?
It seems a TT is seen more on higher lift jeeps for the most part.
I just think a jeep has an even better profile with a TT.
Not a waste at all. In the early days on the forum everyone and their dog wanted that exact setup. Some went to 33’s and still want to go back. If you go for the TT, the MML and BL are a good start. You have to have those mods. Oh, and hi Keith!

Why is reverse hard to get into? Is it hitting the console? A TT would realign everything, coupled with a Savvy TCase shifter

Why is reverse hard to get into? Is it hitting the console? A TT would realign everything, coupled with a Savvy TCase shifter
Hey Jer, Yes, sometimes i have to hold it in reverse with both hands or it pops out and thats getting old.
Ever since I lowered the TC it's been a chore.., i know a MML would help so for now thats the way I may go.

Plus my TC drop is ugly so getting this resolved is next on the list.

Good idea, i need to remove the console to see the problem I should have done that by now.

Last edited:
Hey Jer, Yes, sometimes i have to hold it in reverse with both hands or it pops out and thats getting old.
Ever since I lowered the TC it's been a chore.., i know a MML would help so for now thats the way I may go.

Plus my TC drop is ugly so getting this resolved is next on the list.

Good idea, i need to remove the console to see the problem I should have done that by now.
I moved my console back an inch or so. That’s about all you have due to the TCase shifter and parking brake lever. It’s part of the 6-speed love hate relationship

Last edited:
Gotcha, easy enough. Thank you. Following your regear, looking forward to your post regear analysis :)
Got the Dana 44 finished up today. Finally I’m caught up to your Sport!

Got the Dana 44 finished up today. Finally I’m caught up to your Sport!
Hehehe yep but i will probably max out at 33s and a TT. Rumor has it you are going to 35s with a TT, nice!
Moab better watch out :)

Edit, are you going to try out the welded, locked diff? I bet it's nice on the rocks and such, nothing but constant rear tire bite. I would see what its like 1x before the 4.56s go in.

Hehehe yep but i will probably max out at 33s and a TT. Rumor has it you are going to 35s with a TT, nice!
Moab better watch out :)

Edit, are you going to try out the welded, locked diff? I bet it's nice on the rocks and such, nothing but constant rear tire bite. I would see what its like 1x before the 4.56s go in.
I would love to hit the rocks next weekend. I’ve been slammed, but things are slowing down, so I may take her for a spin. Good idea