Colorado Kebler Pass and Crystal Mill report April 20

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
Keebler Pass coming from Paonia was nice up to the top and then snow started getting deep past the gate. Possibly passable to Crested Butte but we weren't willing to try it alone.

20220420_113200.jpg

Trying Crystal Mill we came across a stock 4 door JL stuck in about 3ft of snow drift that took 4 hours to get out and change a tire they had shreaded. Seems like it could be a fun winch fest to get through if a group all had the gear to try it.

20220420_142644.jpg

20220420_160655.jpg

Crystal Mill/Schofield Pass in the snow is a death sentence. It often isn't open until late June. Definitely one of my favorites as far as scenery is concerned.

Reactions: lBasket
I do have a shovel
The JK owner had taken off her license plate and started to use it as a shovel. She was not prepared. I'm so thankful we were there. Honestly, Mr. Tox and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was the owner's Mom's birthday and I like to think we gave her a birthday present she'll never forget. :)

The JK owner had taken off her license plate and started to use it as a shovel. She was not prepared. I'm so thankful we were there. Honestly, Mr. Tox and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was the owner's Mom's birthday and I like to think we gave her a birthday present she'll never forget. :)
Remind me to tell you two about the dirt bike guy who drove off the cliff edge in front of me not far from where you rescued the birthday girl.

Remind me to tell you two about the dirt bike guy who drove off the cliff edge in front of me not far from where you rescued the birthday girl.
I'll look forward to hearing this story from you this weekend! I'm not as bad as Sirius Black in Harry Potter going, "Ten years I've been waiting” but it's been two years since we were hoping to wheel with you in Colorado. Looking forward to wheeling together finally.

Reactions: jjvw