Keeping extended front brake lines out of the way

EWatauga

After recently installing a 3" lift and new Crown extended brake lines. The front tires contact the brake lines on flat ground at full lock, I imagine that when compressed and at lock it will be worse (the previous TJ I had with a 3.5" lift and extended stainless brake lines did the same thing).

I am thinking about putting a small hose clamp on the lines somewhere near the middle and connecting a small bungee cord from the hose clamp to the inside part of the frame rail to pull it out of the way a bit.

Thoughts on this, or other solutions?

After recently installing a 3" lift and new Crown extended brake lines. The front tires contact the brake lines on flat ground at full lock, I imagine that when compressed and at lock it will be worse (the previous TJ I had with a 3.5" lift and extended stainless brake lines did the same thing).

I am thinking about putting a small hose clamp on the lines somewhere near the middle and connecting a small bungee cord from the hose clamp to the inside part of the frame rail to pull it out of the way a bit.

Thoughts on this, or other solutions?

how long did your crown lines take to arrive. Mine have been on order for a while.

how long did your crown lines take to arrive. Mine have been on order for a while.
I ordered mine as part of a DPG Offroad hybrid kit back in late February, the brake lines arrived within a week, I imagine that at the time DGP had them in stock since the arrived with the DPG bumpstops. The other equipment took a while, but within the lead time quoted.

Reactions: defenderu
I have a question that may be along the same lines as this old thread.

Are my front brake lines routed best correct?

I know that there should be some slack to permit suspension travel but I feel they are capable of being snagged as they are.

Sorry if this is blatantly obvious. Still learning about this thing.

i-z7L2tkQ-L.jpg

I have a question that may be along the same lines as this old thread.

Are my front brake lines routed best correct?

I know that there should be some slack to permit suspension travel but I feel they are capable of being snagged as they are.

Sorry if this is blatantly obvious. Still learning about this thing.

View attachment 461749

You mounted them at the wrong angle. They should look something like this...

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

Last edited: