Kermit the Jeep

StephanS

This is my first Jeep and It may just be one of the best original versions in Australia. Myself, I’ve been a Landrover Defender owner for many moons) and have joined the Jeep ranks somewhat accidentally. When I found this 12/2004 build TJ I just couldn’t say no.

Like new it has been driven by an old gent just weekly to the shops. No evidence of off-road use and looking brand new it has less than 11,000kms (not miles) when I got it on the clock.

I’m pretty sure the colour is electric Lime green (correct me if I’m wrong), but this colour didn’t look like it was on the charts in Australia in 05 - it may have been a special order from the states? Not sure?

Whatever, the condition is insane for the age. Even the tyres are original (and not hard believe it or not). They are date marked 04.

Clears are great on the soft top and everywhere you look it looks just like new. It’s a 6 speed manual 4.0litre. I’ve put about 400kms on it and have to work out what I do next? Do I keep it as is, make a few changes, drive regularly or keep as an original very sparingly driven (and hence rare car). I still have the Defender so I don’t have to drive the Jeep daily if I choose not too.

9C628A93-D5B2-49D2-9E56-5654ED7ACD8D.jpeg

27F5B367-B5FA-4163-A9E4-0A3A06711B18.jpeg

2379D04D-B331-46F4-A4BE-D1D1369261B2.jpeg

CDB69108-04A1-43F5-9D9D-A8EE00CE1F5D.jpeg

This is my first Jeep and It may just be one of the best original versions in Australia. Myself, I’ve been a Landrover Defender owner for many moons) and have joined the Jeep ranks somewhat accidentally. When I found this 12/2004 build TJ I just couldn’t say no.

Like new it has been driven by an old gent just weekly to the shops. No evidence of off-road use and looking brand new it has less than 11,000kms (not miles) when I got it on the clock.

I’m pretty sure the colour is electric Lime green (correct me if I’m wrong), but this colour didn’t look like it was on the charts in Australia in 05 - it may have been a special order from the states? Not sure?

Whatever, the condition is insane for the age. Even the tyres are original (and not hard believe it or not). They are date marked 04.

Clears are great on the soft top and everywhere you look it looks just like new. It’s a 6 speed manual 4.0li is d thehe re. I’ve put about 400kms on it and have to work out what I do next? Do I keep it as is, make a few changes, drive regularly or keep as an original very sparingly driven (and hence rare car). I still have the Defender so I don’t have to drive the Jeep daily if I choose not too.

View attachment 68543

View attachment 68544

View attachment 68545

View attachment 68546
Damn, she is a beauty! Hard not to love the color, but honestly, it would be hard not to love whatever color it was with the little rig being in that condition!

The one thing I would caution against is driving on those tires. They may appear to be in great condition, but at that age, it's a gamble that I would not personally be willing to take. Well, at least not at any kind of real speed. Also, I couldn't help but notice just how much weight the right-front wheel has on it to balance the tire out. Might be another indication that a set of new shoes isn't a bad idea (maybe that tire had issues making it difficult to balance, to begin with). Anyways, just a thought.

Gorgeous TJ! Welcome to the zoo!

By the way, with Animal looking over your shoulder, and the Jeep being named Kermit, are we to assume that you're a fan of the Muppets? ;)

Last edited:
Damn, she is a beauty! Hard not to love the color, but honestly, it would be hard not to love whatever color it was with the little rig being in that condition!

The one thing I would caution against is driving on those tires. They may appear to be in great condition, but at that age, it's a gamble that I would not personally be willing to take. Well, at least not at any kind of real speed. Also, I couldn't help but notice just how much weight the right-front wheel has on it to balance the tire out. Might be another indication that a set of new shoes isn't a bad idea (maybe that tire had issues making it difficult to balance, to begin with). Anyways, just a thought.

Gorgeous TJ! Welcome to the zoo!

Agreed - no motorway driving on those tyres. I run General Grabbers on the LR and am probably going to throw a set on the Jeep.

Reactions: Squatch
There's a color you don't see too often!

There sure are a lot of Aussies on here lately. Very cool to know there's all these TJs in the land down under.

Reactions: StephanS
She's a beaut! New tires, top down and enjoy! Might also be a good idea to go thru all the fluids with fresh.

Mine is clean, but not that clean! "Electric Lime Green Pearl Coat" was only offered in 04 and 05, and I've only seen two others. That is one nice Jeep right there! :tmnt::tmnt::tmnt::tmnt::tmnt:

By the way, with Animal looking over your shoulder, and the Jeep being named Kermit, are we to assume that you're a fan of the Muppets? ;)
Haha - just picked up on that “animal” reference. That little fella is an Aussie/Queensland Icon called Agro. Had one of the biggest Australian tv shows for years and his controller is considered “radio royalty” here. He Has quite a potty mouth. Very different to a muppet

Reactions: J R