Keybar repair

Feralkid

Useful Idiot
Supporting Member
I'm having troubles with my keybar.
20200530_060508.jpg

After 3 years the aluminium threads are worn down and wont hold the screw. Keeps popping apart, even locktite doesnt help.

Was thinking the best repair is to drill it out and install a rivnut.

Or maybe just smear jbweld in there which would be easier. Will it hold?

I dont think theres enough depth for a helicoil, lol.

Basically I'm trying to repair aluminum hole threads. Approx 1/8" thickness.

I'm just seeking advice from the more experienced.

Keybar honors their warranty...

And they sent me a replacement TITANIUM! keybar instead of aluminum.

Upgrayedd

20200610_143940.jpg
20200610_143948.jpg

Awesome company, great product, highly recommended.

Who wants their keys all willy nilly?

No one, that's who.

Also got there low ride clip, major improvement over the standard clip.

What a pain in the ass it was waiting tho, with my keys jingling around in my pocket, randomly stabbing into my leg. How do the plebs go on like this? I was literally about to commit suicide, keybar saved my life.

Nice.. I remember when my KC Slimlites rusted through and I found out they had a lifetime warranty. They told me to just send them detailed pics and good enough for them to review. I made it clear it was on my Jeep so week later new pair showed up.

Nice.. I remember when my KC Slimlites rusted through and I found out they had a lifetime warranty. They told me to just send them detailed pics and good enough for them to review. I made it clear it was on my Jeep so week later new pair showed up.
Yeah kc is good with their warranty too. I got the kc h4 headlight housing and messed them up with high wattage bulbs and they replaced them without even asking how I fucked them up.

Reactions: Chris