Kia Sorrento attempts Hell's Gate in Moab

I think it goes to show it is a lot of driving skill on obstacles like that. Having a good spotter and picking good lines goes a long way, the armor and things just help give confidence and avoid damage.

Reactions: Daryl
Very true! The bigger tires and more ground clearance just helps in that you can take lines that a vehicle like this wouldn't be able to. It will also be a lot more forgiving with the bigger tires, lift, armor, etc. One wrong move with that Kia and you're toast.

I watched a brand new stock Dodge Ram 3/4 ton diesel truck do it in June. He didn’t have a spotter but did have a passenger. You don’t need a Jeep to go on some amazing trails. I sometimes think Jeeps have a bit of an overrated reputation. Ducking and running for cover now [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH it doesn't look difficult at all.
The conditions are perfect, pick the right line and you'd get any AWD vehicle up there. Add traction control and stability control and it's almost point and shoot.

I guess they won't be going back to try it when it rains. :yawn:

Reactions: Ted05Rubi and Chris
TBH it doesn't look difficult at all.
The conditions are perfect, pick the right line and you'd get any AWD vehicle up there. Add traction control and stability control and it's almost point and shoot.

I guess they won't be going back to try it when it rains. :yawn:

You would think differently if you were actually there! Easy to say from your keyboard.

You would think differently if you were actually there! Easy to say from your keyboard.

LOL

I didn't say it would be easy.

But, an off the shelf suburban car made it up, without low range.

Watched it a few times, and it still doesn't look difficult.

I hope that's not the most difficult part of that trail :risas3: