Kim's 99 Jeep Wrangler Build Thread

Looks good.

I always latch the header first and then hook the corners on. That way the header is lined up and sealed good.

Looks good.

I always latch the header first and then hook the corners on. That way the header is lined up and sealed good.

This one has an extra spot that gets a quick release. So that doesn't allow the top to come forward like I wanted it too. My son suggested unhooking them, but we would have needed another set of hands as you have to pull the tab out of the hole, and once you release the tab, it goes back in. LOL I'll try to take pics of that extra part. I think it is there because this top is the one that you can unfold just the very front to have a sunroof type thing. Believe me, I won't be using that feature anytime soon. LOL Ain't unlatching that bad boy for a while now. :D

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Nice! My daughter has one about the same size. It needs work. It'll tow just fine behind your TJ, with proper gearing and proper brakes.

As far as the top is concerned, I hook the front clamps to the windshield header first, but don't clamp them home. Go to the back and give the rear bow at the top a tug as you clip the corners into the tub. Once you have both corners in, them go back up front and finish clamping the clamps home.

Nice! My daughter has one about the same size. It needs work. It'll tow just fine behind your TJ, with proper gearing and proper brakes.

As far as the top is concerned, I hook the front clamps to the windshield header first, but don't clamp them home. Go to the back and give the rear bow at the top a tug as you clip the corners into the tub. Once you have both corners in, them go back up front and finish clamping the clamps home.

I forgot I have some pics on Photobucket. :D

We modified it. Took the bunk beds out and converted it to have a table. That way we can leave the bed (where the table is normally at) a bed. I also have a porta potty stashed under the seat up front. :D

IMG_3575_zpsauiobhhj.jpg

That's actually a more accurate and detailed version of what I do. LOL U don't have to pull the rear bow. Summer is SC is so damn hot the top is about step away from melting is stretches pretty easily. LOL

Reactions: KimsJeep
That's actually a more accurate and detailed version of what I do. LOL U don't have to pull the rear bow. Summer is SC is so damn hot the top is about step away from melting is stretches pretty easily. LOL

Yah, I wish I could have waited till summer, but with a ton of rain coming our way, I wanted to stay dry now. LOL :D Now maybe I can have something in my door pocket with out it getting soaked. :D

Reactions: MountaineerTom
How much do you want for that little sticker on the lift gate? My wife would love it on her JK...oh I have an extra brake controller if you want it....You would just have to pay shipping. Tim

How much do you want for that little sticker on the lift gate? My wife would love it on her JK...oh I have an extra brake controller if you want it....You would just have to pay shipping. Tim

I don't need a brake controller, I don't think? LOL I don't know if you can PM on this site, but if you can, PM me your address and I'll send you a sticker.

Here are some more pics on how the top is not sealing down right. The middles is fine.

GJTtCmUvQ2WEzlI9viKmQ_zpsiduuy0or.jpg

But if you look at both corners, they are not going over that bump on the frame of the Jeep.
Sp1mTPrcQMG44yTVGasSww_zpsccyqwiiu.jpg

A26v1PVTnSEWf1ylcqlYg_zpsvrtodxvo.jpg

We tried to get it to go over the bump when we released the back corners and even tried to use the end of a rubber hammer to pry it forward using the surrounds bolt knob as a thing to pry from. Just couldn't get it to go any further forward. Will try again once it gets hotter outside. :D

Today hubby did the back brakes, so it's got new shoes and wheel cylinders. :D Then I removed the side steps! I think it looks so much better with out them. That and now my leg doesn't hit it when I step out. :D

Before,

5AG7ZuCgQS6ANuN4F4V9dg_zps0ddhe23f.jpg

After,

fullsizeoutput_336f_zpsdy6gycfn.jpg

Much better. :D

Here is a pic of the frame under the side step brackets.

ObsUtCHSnWWYos5tnE0A_zpsawbcohrq.jpg

Then I finally was able to give it it's first bath since I got it. I normally do that first thing, but do to the weather, I just wasn't able to. Today was another nice day. :D Just in time for the rain tomorrow though. LOL :D

fullsizeoutput_3369_zpsjn540kzs.jpg

fullsizeoutput_3365_zpszpsxurnt.jpg

I love the early stages of getting a new Jeep , That new roof will make a huge difference in the whole TJ experience.
Looks way better minus the side step too.

Great job on the new top. It looks like it is sealed to the header ok on the outside, so...
Anyway, the TJ looks so much better with your changes.

Haven't done much do to the lousy weather. I did make a 3rd brake light sticker, and then found that my 3rd brake light didn't work. LOL

Figured that out kind of, and it is currently working. Need to figure out a more permanent fix. It wasn't making good contact and I ended up pulling the studs out of the tailgate unit a little. They now work, but I'm thinking it will eventually not work again. I will have to take the little cover off and see how those are held in. Maybe they need new springs to keep them held out more? Not sure how it works yet, but will figure it out. :D

I'm thinking I need to order some matte black vinyl and make a new on though. Not thrilled with the gloss black.

km9qL%USSfu%3Wd7TGkjkw.jpg

Reactions: derekmac and ac_
that is what I primarily use it for in my business..Heat transfer vinyl for shirts and names and numbers for sports jerseys...the decals for the jeep are just a bonus. Really did not think I would get the use out of that I do but has paid for itself in spades.

Kim... congrats on your Wrangler ... can’t recall how old this post is what Vinyl cutter do you have? Wondering if it would benefit me to use in my Real Estate business for some shirts and such looking to get done. Cost of goods & time investment vs paying.

TIA
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim... congrats on your Wrangler ... can’t recall how old this post is what Vinyl cutter do you have? Wondering if it would benefit me to use in my Real Estate business for some shirts and such looking to get done. Cost of goods & time investment vs paying.

TIA
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Silhouette Cameo. I make my own T Shirts too. :D Love the heat transfer stuff they have now. I want to try the newer stuff that is supposedly stretchable. Just haven't got around to purchasing it yet. LOL

I do make stickers to sell, but I only sell them at the VW Swap meets. So mainly VW related. LOL I probably paid for my machine now, but can't say exactly what I have made, never counted it. LOL I do it more for fun, and myself. LOL