Kim's 99 Jeep Wrangler Build Thread

LOL, they don't mind it. :D.

Yah, I contacted them I even took pics of the ones that they had in the advertisement and you can see they are different and look a lot better then the ones I got. The one that is broken down was so really discolored too. I did clean them up and they look a bit better as for as that goes, but not much else. The passenger one is actually in decent shape as far as the material and build, but that is the one that broke the tab off the end.

View attachment 75948

View attachment 75949

View attachment 75950

View attachment 75951

View attachment 75952

Just an update on this. I ended up leaving a bad review on them today. I just got off the phone and the guy picked out a different set as we talked and then got them out for shipping. He also told me just to throw away the set I have now. So I should be getting a better set in a few days. Will post when I get them.

Just a small update. But first, I went for a drive in the country to take some pics of the Jeep last weekend. Here are some of my favorites. :D

kEXWRCTWR1SYsiCLpSKxpw_zpssg4nmoqj.jpg

zXiAMq8HTrauiYRsYIviuA_zpsferdepjf.jpg

jqlpZ0PT6XMJ8qOLCDg_zpsugjwt3er.jpg

cRuO8A93SqqzFcZHpCSjTQ_zpsf27owqxx.jpg

ZmVj8t1dQ1eAYaAzrwPxJw_zpsoueippzj.jpg

TdaOOQmQqulzCEyEbYnA_zpsmskjxubi.jpg

Just got a little dirty. Actually found some pretty deep puddles on some of the gravel roads.

fullsizeoutput_349c_zpsdy5osp4z.jpg

C1FtnUfZSECbJgoOOdjH0w_zpsqdnuomey.jpg

And now my update. :D Installed the windshield decal I made and also the grille inserts. :D

KjhrF1zqSeehA9uke8cNOQ_zpsik0qvu7l.jpg

I am so happy with the results. :D Now I need to save for the turn signal lenses and then the front should be done, for now. LOL

Reactions: KCsTJ
Was anyone hurt in the plane crash?

I think it is yard art. I was going to go park by it for the pic, but then I noticed the house. The motor appears to be out of it. I think it is just a shell. I guess I should go back with a better camera with a zoom lens so I can get better pics of it.

t+XoJ9IoTOusF2gb0MK5Gw.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I havent heard anything good about Deadjeep. THey do have a lot of TJ parts but I avoid them

Reactions: KimsJeep
I liked another members stereo and so I decided to get one for my Jeep. Got it yesterday and installed it today.

I liked it because it had a changeable color display and also it connects to my iPhone. It comes with a mic so I decided to run it over to the roll bar and attached it to the padding.

I figured that was the best spot for the mic but I do realize it probably won't do to much good when the top is down. The only thing I wish the stereo would do that it doesn't is, have the calls come through all speakers. They only come through to fronts. I will just have to make sure I have the volume up on my phone as well as the radio.

I also installed my bumper ends.

I used plastic pop rivets to hold them on. Still need to sand the end off though. Plastic ones don't seem to break off like the normal rivets do.

I also ordered some personalized plates and ordered something off Ebay that I can't wait to share with you all. You will get a kick out of it. LOL

Last edited:
Ok, trying again. LOL Computer issues. Anyway, I wanted to update on the visors from DeadJeep. The replacement set came in and I am super happy with them. Much nicer then the other set.

fullsizeoutput_34fc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_34fe.jpeg

tyE2lQUQTrGiq0w%krlPQQ.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
Well kind of. I don’t know why it worked, but I came back into this thread and some of the words and pics were still in the reply box, so I hit post reply. It did but it didn’t have all of what I wrote. I tried to edit it, and add the missing text and I go the error message. Tried to go back to my thread in the other forum and it wouldn’t load. Then for the next hour I couldn’t get on the forum. I tried safari, google chrome and my phone. Just kept getting the page won’t load. I finally gave up and was going to bed and thought, I’ll try the iPad. And it is working on it for now. Have no clue what is going on.

The missing text in the post above was explaining that the purple people eater stuffy is my Jeep’s new mascot. LOL

Anyway. I sure hope that what ever the issue is, it will fix itself soon. So frustrating that I can’t post or can’t even get the forum to load all together.

Got a few more things done to the Jeep lately. :D

My light guards for the turn signals and running lights came in so I got those painted and put on. I think it really finishes up the front end with the purple. :D

I also got some purple LED lights for the interior. Got those installed and figured out I was missing the passenger side light housing. I found a set on a Jeep at hubby's work and he is going to try to get it for me. :D Here is what the driver and sound bar one looks like.

I plan on changing the shifter light once I swap out the center console. I got shipping notice and my new to me console should be here tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be decent on Sunday so I plan on trying to do the swap then. That is if it is decent enough to paint it first. I plan on taking it to the garage and turning on the heater out there to paint after it gets here Sat. So if it dries good enough before Sunday sometime, I will put it in. If not, will have to wait for another nice day. Sure wish we would see some 80 degree days. LOL Tired of winter already. :D

Today I got to use the sunroof portion of the new top. I loved it. I was quite surprised that my hair didn't go crazy with it open. I didn't need a hat at all. ( Long blonde hair, so really fine and normally blows in the wind pretty bad).

I haven't used it before because when I first put the top on back in January, I wasn't able to get the material to velcro around the center bar. It was just to cold to get it to work. Today, even though it was still cold, I decided to try to get it velcroed because of wanting to use the sunroof. So I had to almost take the whole top loose to maneuver it enough to get it to velcro. It still isn't perfect, but it is better then not velcroed at all. I will do a better job and get things fully correct once we get some hot days. :D

So, that is all for now. Will update once I get my center console installed. :D

Reactions: Adalynn
If that black pinstripe was purple it would tie your theme into the rest of the jeep nicely without being too over the top.

Reactions: KimsJeep
If that black pinstripe was purple it would tie your theme into the rest of the jeep nicely without being too over the top.

Yah, that is something I would like to do one day. It appears (specially since part of the passenger door is missing it) the black pin striping will come off pretty easy. It will be finding someone to either paint or re tape it in purple that will hold me up a bit. LOL I will do it one day though.

So I went and did a search for pin striping, LOL. I found this. I'm just a bit nervous about trying to put it on myself. It would probably be wavy. LOL

32 foot should do the whole jeep, right? LOL

https://www.ebay.com/i/182521761889?chn=ps

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.