King sway bar link stabilizer?

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
B3D3B79D-061B-4A1E-B511-E50A763264AF.png
Hey guys I was watching a video on SEMA. The guy comes up on Kings Jeep and is going through it and comes across what he called a sway bar link stabilizer. He seemed puzzled so I started googling. I couldn’t come up with anything so I figured someone on here would enlighten me.

So are they comparable to the anti rock? Kind of do the same thing no? Gives you more flex but not quite as much as being disconnected and it helps with body roll? The three different springs seem like a PIA to me.
Is the anti rock that much better?

Think of the King and JKS doodad as an accessory to a sway bar, be it factory or an Antirock. The small road events that might toss the Jeep side to side via the sway bar will be soaked up by the doodad. Once the doodad reaches the end of its travel, the main sway bar takes over and will behave normally.

While they may allow a stock bar to flex a bit more, these things don't take the place of a softer rate bar like the Antirock.

I don't have a reason yet, but I feel like this is a better job for a spring like JKS, rather than a damper like King. Longevity, perhaps? Springs don't leak.

I would really like to try one of these on an AR, especially with my usual recommendation to run the AR as stiff as possible without limiting the flex allowed by the shocks. I don't see myself changing the little springs, once I found the rate that I like. Cost keeps me away from trying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I see! I wondered if it would connect and could be used in conjunction with the AR. Really spendy to combine the two.
I’ve looked for the king version and did not find it. Maybe Ben over at Filthy has some first hand knowledge. Hopefully I can get in contact with him next week.

Reactions: jjvw
I see! I wondered if it would connect and could be used in conjunction with the AR.

Barring some fitment issue, I can't think of any reason why the two can't be used together. It's a little further down the rabbit hole than most care to dive into. Maybe JKS doesn't want to deal with that can of worms.