KK Liberty Junk Yard Upgrades

Is there such thing as a really good looking Jeep Liberty?

View attachment 368107

Never did care for the early ones. I am in the minority in that I actually like how the 2nd gen looks. Very boxy!
img-1-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a 2012 liberty and it is the biggest pile of mopar garbage I have ever owned. I leave the keys in it praying someone will steal it. I have literally thought about taking it into the woods and setting it on fire. I'm not kidding. I sincerely hope you have better luck with yours.

Last week, I picked up for myself a 2010 Jeep Liberty KK to mostly replace my TJ as my primary daily driver. Especially as the TJ ungoes some large and interesting improvements in the near future.

View attachment 350805

So far, I like the KK a lot. Those with similar, what have you used as junk yard upgrades? From what I have read, Jeep left many of the premium upgrades in the stock general wiring harness. I had been looking at adding factory cruise control, various power outlets, ambient temp displays and compasses, etc. What kind of things can be taken from the similar years of nicer JK, Commander, Cherokee, Patriots?

I think MOTOBILT has a kit for the KK. You should give them a call!!!😂

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvw
I bought a 2012 liberty and it is the biggest pile of mopar garbage I have ever owned. I leave the keys in it praying someone will steal it. I have literally thought about taking it into the woods and setting it on fire. I'm not kidding. I sincerely hope you have better luck with yours.

So far, I have no complaints about it.

Reactions: P man
Some Jeep Liberty trivia that is wholly uninteresting!

On the glove box, there are a pair of tabs meant to limit the door from flopping open. But mine were cracked. And the dozen or so at the junk yards I have looked at have also been cracked. And so have all the Dodge Nitro glove boxes.
20221028_153409.jpg

Today, I found the last remaining unbroken Jeep Liberty KK glove box (from a Dodge Nitro)! The interior color face panel is interchangeable, so I just grabbed the inner shell.
20221028_152517.jpg

All fixed and working like it should.
20221028_152601.jpg

Reactions: tworley and rasband