KM2 or KO2?

Starrs

TJ Guru
I know this has probably been debated for years, but I think I can get a final answer here. Tire rack has a really good deal going on KO2s right now, and KM2s are just a little more pricey. I have KO2s on my grand cherokee and I love them. On a tj Rubicon which would you pick in the size 285/75/r16?

I really don't go off-road too often. I had wrangler MTrs on my 04' jk and they were pretty loud. KO2s ride nice and look aggressive. Kinda leaning that way I suppose.

That would be a perfect choice for your use. They are quiet and ride nice, plus, if you do go offroad they are very capable.

Reactions: Travis and StG58
I really don't go off-road too often. I had wrangler MTrs on my 04' jk and they were pretty loud. KO2s ride nice and look aggressive. Kinda leaning that way I suppose.
Easy decision, between the two, KO2's. I am a fan of Cooper tires and will likely go with their ST Maxx on my next set. Just another option to look at.

All Terrain gets my vote. Do you get snow in your region?

I used to buy mudders for every vehicle but now i buy hybrid tires cuz i do not wheel as much. Goodyear Authority is my go to tire now.

All Terrain gets my vote. Do you get snow in your region?

I used to buy mudders for every vehicle but now i buy hybrid tires cuz i do not wheel as much. Goodyear Authority is my go to tire now.
I've seriously considered the GY Authority for my next tire. Would the 265/75-16 size be available in other than load range E?

I've seriously considered the GY Authority for my next tire. Would the 265/75-16 size be available in other than load range E?

YES! I looked at them before I decided to go 17" wheels...here is a link to Walmart. They sell them in LRC
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Wrangler-Authority-Tire-LT265-75R16C/11983160

It looks to be a pretty solid Tire, cool looking and an actual 31 x 10.5

To OP, If you're not off road much, you can't go wrong with the KO2. They even work pretty good out wheeling.

I know this has probably been debated for years, but I think I can get a final answer here. Tire rack has a really good deal going on KO2s right now, and KM2s are just a little more pricey. I have KO2s on my grand cherokee and I love them. On a tj Rubicon which would you pick in the size 285/75/r16?

I have the K02s and I like them very much. They look aggressive enough to make the Jeep look serious, but not so aggressive that I feel like I'm driving around a monster truck. Also, I don't think they are loud and they are doing pretty well in all the construction in my area. I have them in 265/75R16, which I got planning on replacing my 3 inch crappy lift with a 2 inch OME lift. My Jeep had 285/75R16 mud tires on it when I got it and I thought even for a three inch lift they were a little big. That is probably a combination of my taste and the fact that the lift is not stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure regarding 16's. I have the Authority in that size on my 4runner and it is E. It is a little stiffer than a C but does not bother me much.

I got 31x10.5 Authority tires on the TJ balanced with beads and are great. I have had quite a few tires over the years and this is one of the best all around and long lasting tire i have used.

Pm me if you plan to get em. I can save you a few bucks.

I have the K02s and I like them very much. They look aggressive enough to make the Jeep look serious, but not so aggressive that I feel like I'm driving around a monster truck. Also, I don't think they are loud and they are doing pretty well in all the construction in my area. I have them in 265/75R16, which I got planning on replacing my 3 inch crappy lift with a 2 inch OME lift. My Jeep had 285/75R16 mud tires on it when I got it and I thought even for a three inch lift they were a little big. That is probably a combination of my taste and the fact that the lift is not stout.

Could you post a side shot of your jeep with the KO2s? Trying to see what they look like with a lift.

Could you post a side shot of your jeep with the KO2s? Trying to see what they look like with a lift.

fb0539418be7dfa4c13cc888d3cfba92.jpg

This is a 3ish inch rough country lift. It's being replaced this week with a 2 inch OME lift. Stock Rubicon rims.

Wow that does look very good. Those are 265s on there now? I was wanting to do a 2.5" lift with 285s but looking at yours I don't know if that will work or not now haha. How many miles you have on yours? Looks very clean

My reply didn't link up lol the above was intended for you LTTJ

That picture is the 265/75R16 tires on the stock rims with the current 3ish lift.

I've got about 60k in miles on the Jeep- I purchased it back in May.

When I got it, it had 285/75R16 tires on it that were poor quality and had really poor road traction so I ditched them pretty fast. I've attached that picture to this post. I think you can run the 285s with a 3 inch lift, but I was having some rubbing and after I decided to redo the lift with the OME 2 inch, I decided to downsize on the tires. I'll post pictures later in the week with the new lift.

58fef49eb9a9dddd25c9e97bbd68818a.jpg

Reactions: StG58
I guess to follow up- if it were me and you plan to drive it every day, I'd do 2-2.5 inch with 265/75R16. The 285s rubbed when I was trying to pull in and out of parking spots. I spent about 2 months doing research on it (including reading a lot here!) and I decided that just because it's possible to have bigger tires it doesn't always mean it is ideal.

Reactions: StG58