Korra, a daily driven and trail ready Sahara

Took the Jeep on a snow run today with a few others on the forum and had a 3 hour road trip there and back and in pleased to report all the recent changes (bedrug and soft top) really made it a much more enjoyable drive. We went through some sections that would have made my ears ring with the old setup and it is sooooo much quieter.
09C59380-F179-4446-A221-0FEE5038AB4E.jpeg

Another thing im quite happy with is the Antirock, not having to worry about disconnecting the sway bar is a nice change.

The first of todays projects was to change out my mirrors. My early tj mirrors love to fall over on the freeway at 65mph and not only is it annoying it is also dangerous. I cranked down on the set screws as tight as i could get them and they'd still fall so earlier this week i went on amazon and ordered a set of the 03-06 mirrors to alleviate the problem.
E1E6D200-4AE6-4027-948F-210268A68E87.jpeg

I will admit i like the looks of the older style mirrors better but they just dont work as well as they should. 6 screws later got the new ones on and i shouldnt have an issue with falling mirrors anymore!
CB5C93ED-EF02-468B-9036-0F0D50797BCC.jpeg

Here they are, bought them on amazon from Brock for $45, quality seems good but we will see how they hold up. No more adjusting mirrors every time I hit the freeway!

Todays second project was to find my misfire and fix my exhaust leak. To start with I changed the manifold to a dorman unit I got from work.
56B61C6D-AE7F-4BA2-BD60-18C88886A5D1.jpeg

I paired it with a set of Fel-pro gaskets. The install went as smooth as a manifold swap can and only took a couple of hours.
58896D12-27F8-4408-A172-9E063C00501A.jpeg

The old manifold had cracked at the collector and had my Jeep guzzling fuel and greatly lacking power.
CC648D44-8D84-4463-B3C5-6B21365770D2.jpeg

Got her all back together and she still had a miss. After following a loud ticking sound to the distributor opened it up, swapped the rotor and no more miss!

today i went and flex tested my Currie Antirock, to be honest i expected it to have much more or an affect on the articulation than it actually did. So far im quite impressed with it and im debating adding one to the rear. Also note i changed it to the softest setting and shes still street-able.
E301C2AF-651E-403E-94BD-0312767A06B7.jpeg
8FD0EA1F-5A43-4C04-B7C7-465312ED388E.jpeg

Looks like i can take a little bit of bumpstop out of the front too. Ill add it to the list of things to do in the next few weeks.

For the lingest time ive had a kinked up wire winch cable on the front of my Jeep. Today I finally replaced it with synthetic for a safer, lighter setup. The first step was to remove the old cable which was easy as pie.
55D4481E-6846-4C06-9BAA-7BE9C1584BD5.jpeg

Next i swapped the old fairlead out for a fresh warn one i had laying around in the garage followed by making sure there was nothing to cut my synthetic rope on.
6C097A0B-D948-40EF-817D-652FEB873C85.jpeg

Next we wound the 3/8 Master Pull rope on using a 3/4 ton Dodge pickup as an anchor and we were done. The rope is noticably lighter than the steel cable which is a nice perk along with the added safety of the rope.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the XJs look a lot more like vehicles you'd see in the post-apocalypse when they're decked out.

Loves me my TJ, but I can appreciate an XJ.

Reactions: Justin Homan
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the XJs look a lot more like vehicles you'd see in the post-apocalypse when they're decked out.

Loves me my TJ, but I can appreciate an XJ.
Gotta agree with you, my old XJ wokld be much better in an apocalypse than my TJ, i would love to get one again as a daily driver.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
The pod lights ive had on the Jeep for the last few years have been disappointing to say the least. I always thought they looked good but my headlights on low beam have always been brighter so i decided its time to change that and decided to replace my rough country pods with a set of Rigid D-series flood lights.
42AFC38E-1E38-4512-8AA0-F19A2B96AD18.jpeg

First thing i noticed was how much better the quality of these Rigids are, the bracket feels much nicer, the light itself is heavier and the logo is raised and not just a sticker. I have them ran to the factory fog light harness but swapped the factory 20 amp fuse for the recommended 15 amp fuse. One of these days im going to wire it so i can have the pods and high beams on at the same time. For now though this will work just fine.
DAEB83C8-1B30-43ED-89C1-4A73B05DA8DC.jpeg

They definitely look nice and are a good bit brighter than the old ones. Tonight i plan on going out, getting them aimed and comparing the beams with my old lights. I also ordered their amber covers so they'll be usable as fog lights which are very helpful this time of year.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Just did it while i was waiting for my soup to cool and it works! Thought i was gonna have to do some wiring to do that. Thanks for the info!

You beat me to it. Just did the mod as well, and works for me. If you want to keep a spare, unmolested relay handy, it's a Napa Echlin AR606.

Reactions: Justin Homan
You beat me to it. Just did the mod as well, and works for me. If you want to keep a spare, unmolested relay handy, it's a Napa Echlin AR606.
Ill definitely be picking one up and throwing it in with my fuses just in case i eventually have an issue with it for whatever reason.