Korra, a daily driven and trail ready Sahara

If you want to further improve your headlight's efficiency, this harness upgrade makes a noticeable improvement,
https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html#/For $25 it is a great low dollar mod, and sets you up to put in higher wattage bulbs if you so desired. The harness kit is good quality. I did this mod recently, and the fit was perfect for a TJ. I run Hella E-code housings with Phillips Extreme Vision +100 H4 bulbs. Huge improvement over stock candles.

Reactions: Justin Homan
If you want to further improve your headlight's efficiency, this harness upgrade makes a noticeable improvement,
https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html#/For $25 it is a great low dollar mod, and sets you up to put in higher wattage bulbs if you so desired. The harness kit is good quality. I did this mod recently, and the fit was perfect for a TJ. I run Hella E-code housings with Phillips Extreme Vision +100 H4 bulbs. Huge improvement over stock candles.
Ive thought about doing that before but im not sure if it would show any improvement over stock with the led headlights i have. Im already happy with how bright they are though as my led's almost allow me to see into the future. I am curious how it would affect them though.

Ever since I installed my gas tank skid plate into the Jeep the exhaust rattles have driven me crazy. Today i finally got around to fixing that.
4BC6C1DC-D94C-424B-8A0C-7675A9E9E0C5.jpeg

As you cab see the exhaust contacts both the shock and the gas tank skid plate causing a gnarly rattle that my radio even at full blast barely covers.
600697CA-CD96-4D18-ADD4-1C0A814B784E.jpeg

I went down to my local muffler shop and had them do a turn down right after the muffler. Its quite a tight space as the MBRP muffler i have is quite long. They were able to make a turn down that fits perfectly and is far enough away from the sway bar buchings to keep it from melting. No more annoying rattle! (Also i really need to re-paint the axle)

Storage is the only major thing i ever miss about my previous Cherokee when i moved to the TJ platform. To make enough room that i can carry 2 peoples camping gear and trail spares i ordered a Motobilt rack for the back.
30E6AB0C-00EB-448B-8053-5477F87B93DA.jpeg

Installation was a bolt in affair and took me about an hour including disassembly of the back half of the top. I still need to button up the braces for the corners but so far i like it. Itll make it much easier and more organized for wheeling trips this up coming year. Cant wait to try it out!

Storage is the only major thing i ever miss about my previous Cherokee when i moved to the TJ platform. To make enough room that i can carry 2 peoples camping gear and trail spares i ordered a Motobilt rack for the back. View attachment 141361
Installation was a bolt in affair and took me about an hour including disassembly of the back half of the top. I still need to button up the braces for the corners but so far i like it. Itll make it much easier and more organized for wheeling trips this up coming year. Cant wait to try it out!
Now I'll have to add that to my already quite lengthy "to buy" list.:rolleyes:

Today i spent some time on the Jeep prepping it for a quick trip to Sourgrass trail tomorrow. First thing i did was weld up a cracked axle side lca mount (no pictures, sorry guys) and followed it by installing extended front brake lines. Ive had the extended rear line since i did the 8.8 swap but until recently i didnt realize the front lines were acting as a limiting straps up front so before i break a line it was time to change them.
E8D921E6-AB90-46A2-9F95-30B8D33FD3CE.jpeg
02DA8D87-1F69-457F-9CA3-B4D7C982AB5E.jpeg

The lines were an easy swap and including bleeding the brakes took roughly 25 minutes and they give me plenty of length to keep from putting tension on them at full droop.

Today I also got my new wheels, a set of 5 Raceline Defender 935m in 15x8 and threw one on to see how it looks.
7F7956DC-5364-45B2-96B1-2F5FCA4D07B3.jpeg

This will be the first time ive bought a set of machined wheels and I think they really pop with the paint.
EB50BE97-90D6-432A-AE59-CCED9059C251.jpeg

They also have a pretty good offset (3.50bs) I cant wait to see what it looks like with these and 35s!

Reactions: bobthetj03 and Vasq
Just read through the build thread, love what youve done to this thing so far! You really do learn alot when you daily a TJ! I daily mine as well. :)
I appreciate it! I have found it quite hard to find the right balance of off-road prowess and street drivability, I really think I'm getting close though!

Today took the Jeep on a quick test on Sourgrass trail. The run went smooth like lotion until my lca mount got dismembered from the axle. Enjoy some wheeling pics!
A2EA7F9F-9BFD-4329-96D9-18832E01EC11.jpeg
8C4B57B5-E70C-4FBD-8522-4A1C634FAE6D.jpeg
FBF4661D-AE34-403B-9D9F-CE03B24D6DED.jpeg
D2500A0C-0A9F-4CE1-85C5-F0417835E18A.jpeg

Heres the carnage of the lca mount, lickily we were able to limo to Arnold where we had a trailer repair shop work some magic on it for $40. Needless to say looks like my next paycheck os going to some Artec LCA mounts and Metalcloak aluminum arms. Luckily shes still driveable!

Today took the Jeep on a quick test on Sourgrass trail. The run went smooth like lotion until my lca mount got dismembered from the axle. Enjoy some wheeling pics!
View attachment 144539View attachment 144540View attachment 144541View attachment 144542
Heres the carnage of the lca mount, lickily we were able to limo to Arnold where we had a trailer repair shop work some magic on it for $40. Needless to say looks like my next paycheck os going to some Artec LCA mounts and Metalcloak aluminum arms. Luckily shes still driveable!
Get some Johnny Joints in there and you’ll be worry free for 10+ years :)

Probably a good idea with how hard i am on this Jeep. Might be going with Savvy since i want to go aluminum.
MC Double Adjustable Aluminum:
$1,179.00 - Expected Joint Life (1-5 years before complete failure documented) Described by the designer not comparable to a JJ and not for hardcore wheeling.

Savvy Double Adjustable Aluminum:
$1,249.00 - Expected Joint life (10-20 years before rebuild documented) Described by designer as the most bulletproof joint you can buy and for both hardcore wheeling and street.

MC Double Adjustable Aluminum:
$1,179.00 - Expected Joint Life (1-5 years before complete failure documented) Described by the designer not comparable to a JJ and not for hardcore wheeling.

Savvy Double Adjustable Aluminum:
$1,249.00 - Expected Joint life (10-20 years before rebuild documented) Described by designer as the most bulletproof joint you can buy and for both hardcore wheeling and street.
If theyll last that much longer i think im gonna have to do the savvy. Buy once cry once!

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
I have personally seen way too many failed MC joints (torn or disintegrated) over the years so run them on my own rig. As always, it’s your choice, just offering my opinion :)
I appreciate it man, still gonna do a bit more research before i pull the trigger but every experience counts!

MC's double adjustables are aluminum. I can go into the longevity of the Duroflex joint if you like. JJ's are a proven no brainer if you want a solid joint, but they aren't indestructible. They aren't fun to service either, but that is subjective to one's skill level.

MC's double adjustables are aluminum. I can go into the longevity of the Duroflex joint if you like. JJ's are a proven no brainer if you want a solid joint, but they aren't indestructible. They aren't fun to service either, but that is subjective to one's skill level.
How have your mc joints treated you? Im kind of leaning towards the JJ since they've been around and proven for a long time.